Affiliated with STARR Restaurants, St. Anselm is an American tavern devoted to the pleasures of grilled meats and great ingredients simply cooked. While steak is a specialty, the creativity doesn’t stop there. Delicious food, eclectic wines, and classic cocktails set the tone for a great experience. Paired with friendly service in an unpretentious setting adorned with offbeat décor, dining at St. Anselm is the total package.
The team is currently seeking a Sommelier!
This position offers a comprehensive package including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits Coverage
- Paid Vacation Time
- Commuter Benefits
- Referral Bonus Programs
- Dining Discounts at over 25 Affiliated STARR Restaurants
- Opportunity for Career Advancement and Professional Growth
Qualified Candidates will have:
- 2+ years' experience in Metropolitan restaurants in a similar position
- Strong knowledge and appreciation for food and the culture of dining
- Experience in cataloging, organizing, and binning wine, inventory
- Ability to multi-task; including but not limited to BTG pours, wine bottle inquiries, decanting, serving, and clearing tables, and assisting in all areas of service
- Strong beverage knowledge including understanding of wine styles, grape varietals and regions; spirits and classic cocktails; and beer styles
- Wine certification such as WSET, CMS, or SWE is highly desirable
St. Anselm is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.