The role of the Service Engineer, Information Technology is to maintain computer systems, provide technical support, and teach their clients the basic skills they need to operate newly installed programs.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Facilitate all user access to multiple systems including Azure Active Directory, SharePoint, Micros, etc.
- Provide remote and on-site desktop and notebook technical support, diagnose and resolve any issues, and provide training and guidance to all end users on both Windows and Mac OS
- Perform on-call duties and technical implementations/upgrades that may occur after normal business hours and on weekends as required to minimize business impact
- Ensure end users are trained on all relevant systems and ongoing training needs are assessed and addressed in a timely manner.
- Maintain, analyze, troubleshoot and repair all hardware and computer peripherals.
- Document, maintain, upgrade or replace hardware and software.
- Follow-up with users regularly throughout the issue resolution process to ensure smooth communication.
- Provide up-to-date information to end users in response to specific inquiries.
- Provide notification to IT Administrators regarding potential issues as they arise.
- Provide and assist IT Administrators in the development, delivery and implementation of training materials.
- Be the users’ advocate to IT Management and the IT Managements’ advocate to the end users.
- Assist IT Administrators in backup/recovery procedures.
- Maintain asset and inventory control of computers, hardware, software and peripherals.
- Assist IT Administrators and IT Director in any special projects and assignments as directed.
- Maintain POS hardware and ensure all venues are fully prepared for operations daily
- Assist and/ or complete additional tasks as assigned
- 3+ years of experience in computer systems or corporate IT support preferred
- CompTIA A+ preferred
- Experience with workstations, cell phones, printing systems, hardware and software repairs
- Experience with Lan/Wan support
- Good verbal and communication skills
- Knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Office, and Office 365
SKILLS / PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORK ENVIRONMENT / SCHEDULE
The work environment characteristics and/or physical demands described here are representative of those a Team Member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions
- Must have strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Must have good positive energy throughout the day
- Must be able to read the computer monitors and print legibly
- Must be able to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time
- Must be able to move quickly through work and set the pace in the office
- Must be able to push and lift up to 25 lbs.
- Small to Medium office environment
- Office, Casino, Nightclub, Bar, Lounge, and/or Restaurant working environment
- 5-25% Local Travel (United States)
- Work in an environment that is subject to varying levels of noise, crowds, and smoke, the severity of which depends upon the guest volume
- May work extended hours irregular shifts, evening and/or weekend shifts, and holiday work may be required
- Maintain a professional, neat, and well-groomed appearance adhering to Company standards
- Must be effective as part of a team; ability to interact with internal and external customers, managers, and co-workers in a professional, courteous manner
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Ability to handle a fast-paced, busy, and somewhat stressful environment