Maialino is a Roman-style trattoria returning to New York City this fall. Maialino (Vicino), which translates to "nearby" will bring the familiar warmth, energy and many of the beloved trattoria classics a few blocks north of its original home. We look forward to opening our doors and capturing the magic of Maialino once again. A presto!
Who you are:
Servers are responsible for ensuring that all guests who dine with us have memorable experiences filled with hospitality, delicious food and drinks, and exceptional service. The Server is the backbone of our Service team and is ultimately responsible for the sale and service of our food and beverages, while acting as a leader on the floor and providing our guests with warm and attentive hospitality.
What you’ll do:
- Demonstrate expertise of all food and beverage menu items with sound knowledge of all ingredients and preparations.
- Consistently follows steps of service with efficiency and grace, while maintaining a sense of urgency throughout service.
- Anticipates guest needs, ensuring constant communication with colleagues, management, and the kitchen at all times during service.
- Maintains the high standards of cleanliness and appearance throughout all areas of the restaurant both before, during and after service.
- Demonstrates an eagerness to continue to learn and grow.
What we need from you:
- 1+ years’ experience in a guest-facing restaurant role
- English fluency and additional languages preferred, but not required
- Ability to stand or walk for long periods of time
- Ability to balance & carry multiple plates, glass racks and or/glasses, and lift objects up to 30 lbs.
What you’ll get from us:
- Hourly rate of $10/hr + tips
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you with an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave
- 51% dining discount throughout the USHG family of restaurants
- Flexible Spending Options (health care, dependent care, transit & parking)
- Employee Assistance Program to support overall mental wellbeing
- Exclusive access to primary care, mental health, and other healthcare services through Radish Health
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future
- Generous Employee Referral Program
- Access to the USHG HUGS Employee Relief Fund