Union Square Events is looking for a Senior Sous Chef to join their growing team!
Founded in 2005 as Hudson Yards Catering, Union Square Events is a culinary and operations leader in the hospitality industry, partnering with a diverse portfolio of best-in-class clients. We produce one-of-a-kind catered events and unparalleled dining experiences in a variety of cultural, corporate, entertainment, and private venues throughout New York City and beyond.
Who you are:
The Senior Sous Cheff of Union Square Events is responsible for the daily production and execution of our culinary execution for our team members at a premier Hotel in NYC. This role will support the Executive Chef to adapt and create inspired seasonally appropriate menus that are creative, evolving, and well-balanced for the season, while maintaining accurate food and labor costs based on a forecast budget, ensuring best business practices. This position will create experiences for our team members that are on par with our guest's expectations and provide strong leadership while maintaining the core principles of Union Square Events’ culture of Enlightened Hospitality.
What you’ll do:
- Ensure daily execution of food production meeting and exceeding company standards of quality
- Liaise with the Culinary team to ensure excellence in food production and execution
- Increase the accuracy, quality, and continuity of our day-to-day operations by creating and maintaining essential operating systems
- Foster positive inter-departmental communication
- Ensure rigorous knowledge of and adherence to all applicable laws, policies, and procedures
What we need from you:
- Proficient in POS Systems (Micros)
- Strong Computer Skills
- English and Spanish (preferred)
- 3+ years of experience in off-site catering, pop-up restaurants, large-scale special events, small intimate gatherings, and fine dining restaurants or hotels.
- Excellent working knowledge of many styles of cuisine and types of events
- TIPS Certification (preferred)
- CPR/1st Aid Certified (preferred)
- NYC Food Handler’s Certificate
What you’ll get from us:
- Annual Salary of $80,000 - 90,000, plus bonus potential*
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you with an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave
- 51% dining discount throughout the USHG family of restaurants
- Flexible Spending Options (health care, dependent care, transit & parking)
- Employee Assistance Program to support overall mental wellbeing
- Exclusive access to primary care, mental health, and other healthcare services through Radish Health
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future
- Generous Employee Referral Program
- Access to the USHG HUGS
- Employee Relief Fund
- Hotel Partner Discounts
*The above represents the expected salary range for this position. Ultimately, in determining your pay, we'll consider your experience and other job-related factors.