The Senior Graphic Designer is responsible for overseeing the design and resizing of collateral for both print and digital by the graphic designer. The position is the property lead as it relates to design and is responsible for managing workloads for all designer(s) in his/her team through assignments. The Senior Graphic Designer is responsible for completing all deadlines and milestones on time and on brand.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Responsible for the completion of all key art collateral and other creative work as its assigned by the Art Director.
- Responsible for coordinating with vendors to assure print work is submitted to printers, completed, and delivered to our offices or venue.
- Responsible for upholding brand and graphic standards on all design work completed.
- Responsible for collecting and executing changes requested by marketing department.
- Ability to complete all creative work accurately, without typos by double checking all work going out for approval and production.
- Arrive to your work shift, meetings and scheduled productions on time, every time.
- Be prepared for your meetings, take notes pertaining to tasks related to your team and deliver on action items/tasks that are discussed verbally during the meeting.
- Responsible for managing all working using our project management systems
- Responsible for helping and training Graphic Designers to improve their abilities to design and layout creative.
- Responsible for leading creative problem solving for his/her group. Whether that is coming up with a creative solution to a problem or bringing the challenge up to your Art Director for guidance/training.
- Assist and/ or complete additional tasks as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or equivalent experience
- 2 – 4 years of experience in graphic design and production, 2+ years in a corporate environment
- Proficiency with Photoshop, Illustrator & InDesign, or other visual design tools
- Hands-on experience with logo design, typography, color, web layout, print production, image selection and package design
- Adobe Certified Associate (ACA)
- Ability to effectively assess priorities and work well under tight deadlines
- Exceptional time management and problem-solving skills
- Strong production skills with the ability to take direction while collaborating with a wide variety of team members
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to gain a full understanding of the scope of each project and how to present and explain the design methodology
SKILLS / PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORK ENVIRONMENT / SCHEDULE
The work environment characteristics and/or physical demands described here are representative of those a Team Member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions
- Must have strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Must have good positive energy throughout the day
- Must be able to read the computer monitors and print legibly
- Must be able to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time
- Must be able to move quickly through work and set the pace in the office
- Must be able to push and lift up to 25 lbs.
- Small to Medium office environment
- Office, Casino, Nightclub, Bar, Lounge, and/or Restaurant working environment
- 5-25% Local Travel (United States)
- Work in an environment that is subject to varying levels of noise, crowds, and smoke, the severity of which depends upon the guest volume
- May work extended hours irregular shifts, evening and/or weekend shifts, and holiday work may be required
- Maintain a professional, neat, and well-groomed appearance adhering to Company standards
- Must be effective as part of a team; ability to interact with internal and external customers, managers, and co-workers in a professional, courteous manner
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Ability to handle a fast-paced, busy, and somewhat stressful environment