Union Square Events is looking for a Seasonal - BOH/Stewarding/Dishwasher to join their growing team!
Founded in 2005 as Hudson Yards Catering, Union Square Events is a culinary and operations leader in the hospitality industry, partnering with a diverse portfolio of best-in-class clients. We produce one-of-a-kind catered events and unparalleled dining experiences in a variety of cultural, corporate, entertainment, and private venues throughout New York City and beyond.
Who you are:
The Back of House/Stewarding/Dishwasher Attendant (“BOH Attendant”) participates in the proper and timely storage, distribution, washing/cleaning, and maintenance of all banquet equipment and service wares. The BOH attendant is responsible for completing the daily ongoing upkeep and usage of all equipment and supplies, and cleanliness of the banquet facility and surrounding areas while abiding by all health and safety guidelines. The BOH Attendant will also work with outside vendors for supplies, repairs, and other measures.
What you’ll do:
- Perform tasks as directed related to inventory, storage, transportation, and venue/event logistics
- Ensure that quality, quantity, customer satisfaction, and financial commitments are met as directed
- Partner and communicate with other teams and departments to ensure success
- Execute tasks related to logistics, storage, requisition, and transportation of all equipment as directed
- Ensure that the banquet facility is fully operational with all utilities and equipment functioning properly
- Ensure the security of the banquet facility and all its assets
What we need from you:
- Perform any related duties as requested by the supervisor/manager
- Reliably complete all assigned setup and breakdown tasks
- Service-oriented, hospitality-focused, and quality-obsessed professionalism
- Ability & willingness to learn new skills and adapt to change
- English fluency and Spanish knowledge are a plus
What you’ll get from us:
- Hourly rate of $28
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you with an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave
- 51% dining discount throughout the USHG family of restaurants
- Flexible Spending Options (health care, dependent care, transit & parking)
- Employee Assistance Program to support overall mental wellbeing
- Exclusive access to primary care, mental health, and other healthcare services through Radish Health
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future
- Generous Employee Referral Program
- Access to the USHG HUGS
- Employee Relief Fund
- Hotel Partner Discounts
*The above represents the expected salary range for this position. Ultimately, in determining your pay, we'll consider your experience and other job-related factors.