Position Summary: Delivers all food menu items and accurately describes them to the guests. Acts as a liaison between the servers, cocktail servers & bartenders, and chefs. Interacts with the dining room guests, fellow employees, and supervisors in a polite and courteous manner to ensure gracious hospitality.
Duties and Responsibilities: including but not limited to
· Maintain professional appearance standards as directed in the Tao Group Hospitality Employee Handbook.
· Anticipate and accommodate all needs of the guests.
· Provides professional and exceptional service.
· Delivers and describes all food items to the guests, in a timely manner.
· Participates in table maintenance and bussing of excess tableware.
· Maintain general cleanliness of stations and entire venue.
· Follow supervisor’s instructions, communicate with and support co-workers, be a team player.
· Possesses in-depth knowledge of all food menus and the company.
· Complies with Department of Health and company sanitation standards.
· Communicates the needs of the guests to Front-of-House and Heart-of-House support staffs, managers and chefs.
· Properly sets-up runner’s station, performs side-work and other opening/closing procedures as directed by management, including:
o Stocks station with prescribed items and supplies
o Performs opening side-work as prescribed
o Performs closing side-work as prescribed
· Reports all breakage, damage of equipment or furniture immediately to management.
· Attends and participates in daily pre-service meetings.
· Attends and participates in any training sessions or departmental meetings.
· Learn by listening, observing other team members and sharing knowledge while leading by example.
· Portrays a positive and professional attitude.
· Demonstrates knowledge of Tao Group Hospitality, its partners and supporting hotel environments.
· Works as part of a team and provides help and support to all fellow team members.
· Tao Group Hospitality in-venue runner training, Food Handling Certificate.
Minimum Education and Qualifications:
· Previous hospitality experience.
· Previous food running experience.
· Previous experience in a high-volume restaurant/nightclub/lounge.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
· Must be able to stand, lift and bend for extended periods of time.
· Must be able to bend and lift to 50 lbs.
· Role may include job duties or tasks requiring repetitive motion.
· Exposure to hot kitchen elements or cleaning materials.
· Must be able to work and remain focused in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
· Ability to work a flexible schedule inclusive of varying shifts such as days, evenings, weekends and holidays.