Position Summary: Delivers all food menu items and accurately describes them to the guests. Acts as a liaison between the servers, cocktail servers & bartenders, and chefs. Interacts with the dining room guests, fellow employees, and supervisors in a polite and courteous manner to ensure gracious hospitality.
Duties and Responsibilities: including but not limited to
- Maintain professional appearance standards as directed in the Tao Group Hospitality Employee Handbook.
- Anticipate and accommodate all needs of the guests.
- Provides professional and exceptional service.
- Delivers and describes all food items to the guests, in a timely manner.
- Participates in table maintenance and bussing of excess tableware.
- Maintain general cleanliness of stations and entire venue.
- Follow supervisor’s instructions, communicate with and support co-workers, be a team player.
- Possesses in-depth knowledge of all food menus and the company.
- Complies with Department of Health and company sanitation standards.
- Communicates the needs of the guests to Front-of-House and Heart-of-House support staffs, managers and chefs.
- Properly sets-up runner’s station, performs side-work and other opening/closing procedures as directed by management, including:
- Stocks station with prescribed items and supplies
- Performs opening side-work as prescribed
- Performs closing side-work as prescribed
- Reports all breakage, damage of equipment or furniture immediately to management.
- Attends and participates in daily pre-service meetings.
- Attends and participates in any training sessions or departmental meetings.
- Learn by listening, observing other team members and sharing knowledge while leading by example.
- Portrays a positive and professional attitude.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Tao Group Hospitality, its partners and supporting hotel environments.
- Works as part of a team and provides help and support to all fellow team members.
- Tao Group Hospitality in-venue runner training, Food Handling Certificate.
Minimum Education and Qualifications:
- Previous hospitality experience.
- Previous food running experience.
- Previous experience in a high-volume restaurant/nightclub/lounge.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Must be able to stand, lift and bend for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to bend and lift to 50 lbs.
- Role may include job duties or tasks requiring repetitive motion.
- Exposure to hot kitchen elements or cleaning materials.
- Must be able to work and remain focused in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule inclusive of varying shifts such as days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. Tao Group Hospitality reserves the right to make changes in the above job description and all other duties assigned. Nothing herein shall restrict Tao Group Hospitality management’s right to assign or reassign tasks, duties, or responsibilities to this job at any time.