Responsible for the daily operations and upkeep of the retail store. Interacts with restaurant guests, fellow team members, and supervisors in a polite and courteous manner to ensure gracious hospitality.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Anticipates and accommodates all needs of the guest.
- Maintains the general cleanliness and orderliness of the pawn shop
- Actively engages with guests in the interest of selling all merchandise that is available for sale.
- Assists with incoming calls and answering questions from guests.
- Follows proper cash/payment card procedures.
- Accurately completes all end-of-shift financial procedures.
- Responsible for setting up the showcases,, performing side-work and other opening/closing procedures as directed by management, including:
- Makes sure all merchandise is securely placed in display cases and safe.
- Conducts frequent inventory checks for missing and damaged pieces.
- Receives and is able to send out packages to and from our retail partners to check in inventory
- Ensures display cases and safe are always locked and never unattended.
- Performs opening side-work as prescribed.
- Performs closing side-work as prescribed.
- Reports all breakage, and damage of equipment or furniture immediately to management.
- Attends and participates in daily pre-service meetings.
- Participates in any training sessions or departmental meetings.
- Learn by listening, observing other team members, and sharing knowledge while leading by example.
- Portrays a positive and professional attitude.
- General knowledge of Tao Group Hospitality, EZ Pawn Corp/ByGoldGirl, its partners, and supporting hotel environments.
- Works as part of a team and provides help and support to all fellow team members.
- Assist and/ or complete additional tasks as assigned.
- Tao Group Hospitality in-venue pawn attendant training.
- ByGoldGirl jewelry training
- Previous sales associate or retail sales experience required.
- Previous hospitality experience preferred.
- Experience in a high-volume restaurant/nightclub/lounge.
SKILLS / PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORK ENVIRONMENT / SCHEDULE
The work environment characteristics and/or physical demands described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Must have strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Work in an environment that is subject to varying levels of noise, crowds, and smoke, the severity of which depends upon the guest volume
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Must have good positive energy throughout the day
- Must be able to read the computer monitors and print legibly
- Must be able to kneel, bend, sit and stand for extended periods of time
- Must be able to move quickly through work and set the pace in the office
- Must be able to push and lift up to 40 lbs.
- Small to Medium office environment
- Office, Casino, Nightclub, Bar, Lounge, and/or Restaurant working environment
- 0 - 10% Local Travel (United States)
- May work extended hours irregular shifts, evening and/or weekend shifts, and holiday work may be required
- Maintain a professional, neat, and well-groomed appearance adhering to Company standards
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Ability to handle a fast-paced, busy, and somewhat stressful environment
- Must be effective as part of a team; ability to interact with internal and external customers, managers, and co-workers in a professional, courteous manner
This job description is a summary of duties, which you are expected to perform in your assignment. It is by no means an all-inclusive list but is merely a broad guide to expected duties. As a team member, you should understand that a job description is neither complete nor permanent; it can be modified at any time. Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, team members may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the property. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meetings is required. Also, at the request of management, any team member may be asked and expected to perform additional duties, responsibilities, or projects without notice.