Oversee and run the unit in an optimal way in terms of profitability and long-term targets within the framework of legal requirements and company’s policies. To be responsible for the development and management of the company employees and services to achieve true aims, visions and values agreed by the company directors.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Manage and organize the daily restaurant operations from scheduling and payroll to guest interactions, ensuring accuracy and maintaining the highest level of venue standards.
- Deal with all aspects of recruitment and performance management, including disciplinary procedures. Ensure performance appraisals are done in a timely manner. Train the restaurant team to improve product knowledge and service standards.
- Process the weekly schedule and payroll for the hourly staff, conduct pre-shift meetings, and assist team members with any inquiries.
- Coach, counsel, and evaluate all members of the front-of-house team using fair and consistent practices.
- Develop and implement operating standards and implement and maintain all training manuals as appropriate.
- Assign and instruct staff in details of work; observe performance and encourage improvement where necessary.
- Communicate with employees effectively, listen to and understand requests, respond with appropriate actions, and provide accurate information.
- Interact with all department personnel and restaurant staff as needed.
- Maximize restaurant profitability, implementing effective controls of departmental processes and prime (food & labor) costs.
- Work closely with superiors in monitoring and updating pricing on the menu to ensure effective cost control.
- Complete all daily pre- and post-manager shift duties.
- Monitor all cash transactions and ensure cash totals balance at the end of each shift. Ensure all cash and credit card receipts are kept in a secured area.
- Communicate any unusual events and customer feedback received with the management team.
- Take proactive steps to ensure a problem-free guest experience and follow up on any service recovery situations; ensure that the executive team is aware of any mishaps that occur.
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state, and city laws surrounding the sale and consumption of alcohol, health and safety requirements are in continuous compliance and equipment is cleaned thoroughly and all stock is organized and clean.
- Perform daily and weekly inventory; monitor stock usage and minimize breakage.
- Ensure no items are distributed without being entered into the point of sale system.
- Make decisions and take actions based on previous experience and good judgment, sometimes revising procedures to accommodate unusual situations.
- Produce daily and weekly reports that measure sales and loss.
- Assists and/ or completes additional tasks as assigned.
- TAO Group Hospitality Operations Manager Training Program,
- High School Diploma required, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
- Valid Driver’s License
- 21+ years of age
- Maintain a professional, neat and well-groomed appearance adhering to Company standards.
- Minimum of five (5) years of restaurant operations experience required with progression in position.
- Expert knowledge of restaurant operations including food, beverage, service techniques, and guest interaction.
- Above average skill in math and algebraic equations using percentages.
- Proficient in Windows Microsoft Office, Mac OSX, POS systems.
SKILLS / PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORK ENVIRONMENT / SCHEDULE:
The work environment characteristics and/or physical demands described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions
- Must have strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Must have good positive energy throughout the day
- Must be able to read the computer monitors and print legibly
- Must be able to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time
- Must be able to move quickly through work and set the pace in the office
- Must be able to push and lift up to 40 lbs.
- Small to Medium office environment
- Office, Casino, Nightclub, Bar, Lounge, and/or Restaurant working environment
- 5-30% Local Travel (United States)
- Work in an environment that is subject to varying levels of noise, crowds, and smoke, the severity of which depends upon the guest volume
- May work extended hours irregular shifts, evening and/or weekend shifts, and holiday work may be required
- Maintain a professional, neat, and well-groomed appearance adhering to Company standards
- Must be effective as part of a team; ability to interact with internal and external customers, managers, and co-workers in a professional, courteous manner
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Ability to handle a fast-paced, busy, and somewhat stressful environment