Ensure quality, consistency, and production of all food items. Interacts with fellow employees, and supervisors in a polite and courteous and to ensure gracious hospitality.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Anticipate and accommodate the needs of all team members.
- Handles all food items by washing, chopping, and cutting according to recipe specifications.
- Maintains cleanliness and sanitation of assigned station, the kitchen, and the entire venue.
- Labels and stores all product following FIFO and company standards.
- Required to check production lists and assignments.
- Follow supervisor’s instructions, communicate with and support co-workers while being a team player.
- Possesses in-depth knowledge of assigned recipes with the ability to produce them to company standard.
- Possesses general knowledge of the venue.
- Complies with Department of Health and company sanitation standards.
- Communicates product needs to the chefs, sous chefs, and the support staff.
- Properly sets-up prep station and performs other opening/closing procedures as directed by management, including: o Stocks station with prescribed supplies.
o Wipes down and sanitizes station. o Performs opening side-work as prescribed. o Performs closing side-work as prescribed.
- Reports all breakage, and damage of equipment or furniture immediately to management.
- Attends and participates in daily pre-service meetings (where applicable).
- Attends and participates in any training sessions or departmental meetings.
- Learn by listening, observing other team members, and sharing knowledge while leading by example. § Portrays a positive and professional attitude.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Tao Group Hospitality, its partners, and supporting hotel environments.
- Works as part of a team and provides help and support to all fellow team members.
- Assist and/ or complete additional tasks as assigned
- Previous culinary experience preferred.
- Experience as a prep and/or line cook in a high-volume culinary operation preferred.
- Previous culinary experience preferred.
SKILLS / PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORK ENVIRONMENT / SCHEDULE
The work environment characteristics and/or physical demands described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions
- Ability to write and verbally communicate
- Must be able to move quickly
- Must be able to push and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time
- Work in an environment that is subject to varying levels of noise, crowds, and smoke, the severity of which depends upon the guest volume
- Office, Casino, Nightclub, Bar, Lounge, and/or Restaurant working Environment § Exposure to hot kitchen elements or cleaning materials
- Office, Casino, Nightclub, Bar, Lounge, and/or Restaurant working environment
- May work extended hours irregular shifts, evening and/or weekend shifts, and holiday work may be required
- Maintain a professional, neat, and well-groomed appearance adhering to Company standards
- Must be effective as part of a team; ability to interact with internal and external customers, managers, and coworkers in a professional, courteous manner
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to handle a fast-paced, busy, and somewhat stressful environment
This job description is a summary of duties, which you are expected to perform in your assignment. It is by no means an allinclusive list but is merely a broad guide to expected duties. As a team member, you should understand that a job description is neither complete nor permanent; it can be modified at any time. Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, team members may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the property. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meetings is required. Also, at the request of management, any team member may be asked and expected to perform additional duties, responsibilities, or projects without notice.