Ci Siamo is the new restaurant from Danny Meyer’s Union Square Hospitality Group and Chef Hillary Sterling, debuting this summer at Manhattan West. Celebrating the beauty of simplicity, Ci Siamo will center around live-fire cooking. The Italian-inflected menu takes inspiration from Chef Sterling’s extensive travels and is rooted in the understated excellence of seasonal ingredients and purposeful preparations. Ci Siamo, which loosely translates to “we’ve made it” or “we’ve arrived,” bridges the traditional with the contemporary to introduce a new space that is at once transportive yet warmly familiar. Ci Siamo looks forward to participating in New York’s revival and welcoming the city to our home.
Who you are:
Prep Cooks are integral to Chef Hillary Sterling’s culinary team. As a Prep Cook, you will be responsible for the daily preparation of food items for daily service. You have a strong passion for food, an eagerness to develop and build on your skills as a cook and learn more about Italian cuisine.
What you’ll do:
- Display a working knowledge of basic food preparation and kitchen equipment use.
- Demonstrate an ability to efficiently execute all prep assignments with excellence.
- Consistently ensure that prep station remains clean and organized.
- Communicates effectively with the kitchen team and embodies an environment of team work.
- Demonstrate an eagerness to refine techniques and a desire to continually learn and grow.
What we need from you:
- Experience in a prep position at a full-service restaurant is a plus, but not required
- Knowledge of Italian cuisine and pasta is a plus
- Ability to walk or stand for long periods of time
- English fluency and additional languages preferred, but not required
What you’ll get from us:
- Hourly rate of $17 - $19/hr*
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you with an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave
- 51% dining discount throughout the USHG family of restaurants
- Flexible Spending Options (health care, dependent care, transit & parking)
- Employee Assistance Program to support overall mental wellbeing
- Exclusive access to primary care, mental health, and other healthcare services through Radish Health
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future
- Generous Employee Referral Program
- Access to the USHG HUGS Employee Relief Fund
*The above represents the expected hourly range for this position. Ultimately, in determining your pay, we'll consider your experience and other job-related factors.