Union Square Events is looking for a Porter to join their growing team!
Founded in 2005 as Hudson Yards Catering, Union Square Events is a culinary and operations leader in the hospitality industry, partnering with a diverse portfolio of best-in-class clients. We produce one-of-a-kind catered events and unparalleled dining experiences in a variety of cultural, corporate, entertainment, and private venues throughout New York City and beyond.
Who you are: The Porter is responsible for the overall cleanliness and organization at one of New York City's premier Hotels ensuring strict adherence to proper sanitation standards. Additionally, the porter must handle multiple daily responsibilities, display the ability and willingness to take direction, and work in a team environment.
What you’ll do:
- Washing dishes by hand or using a dish machine
- Pot washing and other kitchen wares by hand
- Sorting and organizing items including but not limited to dishes, equipment, and other small wares
- Sorting and removing garbage
- Nightly deep cleaning
- Receiving, sorting, and properly storing inventory
- Food running
- Maintaining a clean and orderly work-station
- Following all food safety standards vigilantly
What we need from you:
- Able to lift 50lbs. and spend most of the day standing
- Possess a sense of urgency
- Positive, friendly, and professional toward everyone
What you’ll get from us:
- Hourly rate of $20 - 22
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you with an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave
- 51% dining discount throughout the USHG family of restaurants
- Flexible Spending Options (health care, dependent care, transit & parking)
- Employee Assistance Program to support overall mental wellbeing
- Exclusive access to primary care, mental health, and other healthcare services through Radish Health
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future
- Generous Employee Referral Program
- Access to the USHG HUGS
- Employee Relief Fund
- Hotel Partner Discounts
*The above represents the expected salary range for this position. Ultimately, in determining your pay, we'll consider your experience and other job-related factors.