Position Summary: Retrieves, dries and polishes all clean dining room/lounge service ware, and distributes to appropriate stations. Interacts with fellow employees, and supervisors in a polite and courteous manner to ensure gracious hospitality.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Maintain professional appearance standards as directed in the Tao Group Hospitality Employee Handbook.
· Support the dining room/lounge employees in accommodating the needs of the guests.
· Work with dish station employees to ensure adequate supplies are available.
· Maintain general cleanliness of station and entire venue.
· Complies with Department of Health and company sanitation standards.
· When necessary clean out all polishing equipment using proper cleaning chemicals and supplies.
· Change garbage, recycling, and broken glass bins when necessary.
· Empty compost into composter when needed.
· Ensure all stations are stocked to par and inform manager when inventories are low.
· Maintaining cleanliness of restrooms when bathroom attendants aren’t scheduled.
· Properly sets-up polishing station and other opening/closing procedures as directed by management, including:
o Stocks side-stations with prescribed supplies
o Performs opening side-work as prescribed
o Performs closing side-work as prescribed
· Reports all breakage, damage of equipment or furniture immediately to management.
· Attends and participates in any training sessions or departmental meetings.
· Learn by listening, observing other team members and sharing knowledge while leading by example.
· Portrays a positive and professional attitude.
· Demonstrates knowledge of Tao Group Hospitality, its partners and supporting hotel environments.
· Works as part of a team and provides help and support to all fellow team members.
· Tao Group Hospitality in-venue Stocker/Polisher training.
Minimum Education and Qualifications:
· Previous hospitality experience preferred.
· Previous Experience in a high-volume restaurant/nightclub/lounge preferred.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
· Must be able to bend, kneel, and stand for extended periods of time.
· Must be physically able to exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally.
· Role may include job duties or tasks requiring repetitive motion.
· Exposure to hot kitchen elements or cleaning materials.
· Must be able to work and remain focused in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
· Ability to work a flexible schedule inclusive of varying shifts such as days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. Tao Group Hospitality reserves the right to make changes in the above job description and all other duties assigned. Nothing herein shall restrict Tao Group Hospitality management’s right to assign or reassign tasks, duties, or responsibilities to this job at any time.