Exhilarating to the eyes and tastebuds alike, Buddakan NYC, affiliated with STARR Restaurants, presents the vivid flavors of the Far East. The surreal atmosphere of this awe-inspiring restaurant in the Meatpacking District combines the serenity of Asia with the flamboyance of 16th-century Paris. The menu features fanciful interpretations of Chinese dishes and delights even the most discriminating palates.
Now seeking a talented and motivated Pastry Sous Chef to join our back-of-house leadership team! In this role, you will work alongside our stellar Executive Pastry Chef Nancy Rendon (formerly of Nobu, Loring Place, and Peak).
- Ensure desserts are prepared according to designated recipes and quality standards
- Develop new pastry items in collaboration with the Executive Pastry Chef
- Assist with training and managing a diverse team of pastry cooks
- Maintain cleanliness and compliance with food sanitation standards
- Ensure proper food handling and food storage procedures according to federal, state, local, and company regulations
This position offers a comprehensive package including:
- A Base Salary Range of $65,000- $80,000
- Quarterly Bonus Program
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits Coverage
- Dining Discounts at over 25 Affiliated STARR Restaurants
- Opportunity for Career Advancement and Professional Growth
- A minimum of 2 years of management experience in upscale and/or high-volume restaurants
- Must be an energetic, enthusiastic, and inspiring leader who is committed to team success
- Strong communication, time management, and organizational skills
- A solid understanding of all aspects of a full-service pastry department operation
- Prior degree in Baking and/or Pastry from an accredited culinary university preferred but not required
Buddakan NYC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.