Porchlight is a New York bar with a Southern accent. But what does that mean? Well, we have married the hospitality, soul, drink, and food of the ever-evolving South with the hustle and innovation of the big city we call home. We were born in New York of Southern roots, and we love to reminisce about our home cities of Charleston, New Orleans, or Memphis…but we wouldn’t trade them for New York. Even when the L train isn’t running.
Who you are:
Porters are responsible for the overall cleanliness and organization of the kitchen and restaurant by washing pots and pans, keeping the kitchen and dining room areas clean, and ensuring adherence to proper sanitation standards. Porters are required to handle multiple daily responsibilities, display an ability and willingness to learn and take direction, and work in a team environment.
What you’ll do:
- Display cooperation, sense of urgency, house pride, and an unwavering care for our guests and food safety through high integrity performance of ware washing and facility maintenance duties.
- Work with the kitchen team to keep all cookware and storage containers in good shape and returned to storage areas properly.
- Learn and retain standard operating procedures for all sanitation duties while consistently following a timeline and cleaning project schedule.
- Partner with kitchen team to promote teamwork and efficient excellence in station turnover and end of shift breakdown.
What we need from you:
- Ability to work from 8pm-4am
- Experience in a kitchen support position within a similar environment
- Ability to walk or stand for long periods of time
- English fluency and additional languages preferred, but not required
- Must be willing to work overnight hours when required
What you’ll get from us:
- Hourly pay of $17 - $19/hour
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you with an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave
- 51% dining discount throughout the USHG family of restaurants
- Flexible Spending Options (health care, dependent care, transit & parking)
- Employee Assistance Program to support overall mental wellbeing
- Exclusive access to primary care, mental health, and other healthcare services through Radish Health
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future
- Generous Employee Referral Program
- Access to the USHG HUGS Employee Relief Fund