Now Hiring – Luchini Las Vegas a casually refined Italian-American restaurant, opening this fall within MGM Grand Hotel & Casino.
The position will be responsible for the preparation of all restaurant foods, hot and cold. Responsible for working in all aspects of food preparation. Demonstrates knowledge of all areas of the kitchen.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Preparation of all restaurant foods, hot and cold. Responsible for working in all aspects of food preparation. Demonstrate knowledge in all areas of the kitchen
- Able to read measure and execute recipes.
- Able to read and execute computer tickets for service
- Apply advanced knife skills required for service and preparation.
- Maintain solid menu knowledge and attention to detail with plate presentation. Able to train incoming staff on preparation and platting of all menu items
- Assists all Chefs as needed in the execution of service
- Maintaining a high level of professionalism by exhibiting the Art of Excellence philosophy
- Working as a team, assisting all guest’s and employee’s needs and inquiries
- Effectively communicate with management, chefs, and service staff in order to fulfill and address any issues or needs requested by guests and or other employees
- Work one or two days ahead of operation to ensure product delivery is on time and to ensure on days off anyone covering has what they need to operate
- Assist and/ or complete additional tasks as assigned
- Tao Group Hospitality in-venue Master Cook training
- Food Handler Safety Training Card
- Minimum of three-four (3 - 4) years of direct work experience in a high-volume restaurant required
SKILLS / PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORK ENVIRONMENT / SCHEDULE
The work environment characteristics and/or physical demands described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions
- Must have strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Must have good positive energy throughout the day
- Must be able to read the computer monitors and print legibly
- Must be able to bend, kneel, sit, and/or stand for extended periods of time
- Must be able to move quickly through work and set the pace in the office
- Must be able to push and lift up to 25 lbs.
- Small to Medium office environment
- Office, Casino, Nightclub, Bar, Lounge, and/or Restaurant working environment
- 5-25% Local Travel (United States)
- Work in an environment that is subject to varying levels of noise, crowds, and smoke, the severity of which depends upon the guest volume
- May work extended hours irregular shifts, evening and/or weekend shifts, and holiday work may be required
- Maintain a professional, neat, and well-groomed appearance adhering to Company standards
- Must be effective as part of a team; ability to interact with internal and external customers, managers, and co-workers in a professional, courteous manner
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Ability to handle a fast-paced, busy, and somewhat stressful environment
ABOUT TAO GROUP HOSPITALITY
Tao Group Hospitality delivers distinctive culinary and premium entertainment experiences through its portfolio of restaurants, nightclubs, lounges, and daylife venues. Tao Group Hospitality acquired Hakkasan Group in April 2021. The combined company operates over 80 branded locations in over 20 markets across four continents and features a collection of widely recognized hospitality brands. These include TAO, Hakkasan, OMNIA, Marquee, LAVO, Beauty & Essex, Wet Republic, Yauatcha, Ling Ling, Cathédrale, Little Sister, The Highlight Room, Sake No Hana, Jewel, and more. Tao Group Hospitality is part of Mohari Hospitality, an investment firm focused on the luxury lifestyle and hospitality sectors.