Position Summary: Ensure quality and consistency of all food menu items. Interacts with fellow employees, and supervisors in a polite and courteous manner to ensure gracious hospitality.
Duties and Responsibilities: including but not limited to
· Maintain professional appearance standards as directed in the Tao Group Hospitality Employee Handbook.
· Anticipate and accommodate the needs of the guests.
· Handles all allergy and/or dietary restrictions and modifications.
· Accurately follows all orders received from the POS system and/or direction from the expeditor.
· Maintains cleanliness and sanitation of assigned station, the kitchen and the entire venue.
· Follow supervisor’s instructions, communicate with and supports co-workers, while being a team player.
· Possesses in-depth knowledge of assigned recipes with the ability to execute them to company standard.
· Possesses general knowledge of the venue.
· Complies with Department of Health and company sanitation standards.
· Communicates product needs to the chefs and the support staff.
· Required to check cover counts, BEOs and/or Fire Sheets.
· Properly sets-up station and performs opening/closing procedures as directed by management, including:
o Stocks station with prescribed supplies.
o Sets “mise en place” following FIFO and company standards.
o Wipes down and sanitizes station.
o Performs opening side-work as prescribed.
o Performs closing side-work as prescribed.
· Reports all breakage, damage of equipment or furniture immediately to management.
· Attends and participates in daily pre-service meetings (where applicable).
· Attends and participates in any training sessions or departmental meetings.
· Learn by listening, observing other team members and sharing knowledge while leading by example.
· Portrays a positive and professional attitude.
· Demonstrates knowledge of Tao Group Hospitality, its partners and supporting hotel environments.
· Works as part of a team and provides help and support to all fellow team members.
· Tao Group Hospitality in-venue Line Cook training and Food Handling Certificate.
Minimum Education and Qualifications:
· Previous culinary experience preferred.
· Experience as a line cook in a high-volume culinary operation preferred.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
· Must be able to stand, lift and bend for extended periods of time.
· Must be able to bend and lift to 50 lbs.
· Role may include job duties or tasks requiring repetitive motion.
· Exposure to hot kitchen elements or cleaning materials.
· Must be able to work and remain focused in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
· Ability to work a flexible schedule inclusive of varying shifts such as days, evenings, weekends and holidaysABOUT US