The position of Cook is primarily responsible for cutting, preparing, and cooking hot and cold dishes, per recipe specifications, in workstations. Cook may also work various mainline stations based on the cook’s experience, such as fry, sauté, grill, and cold station. Responsible for working in all aspects of food preparation and cuisine. Train new hires and existing staff on preparation and plating techniques.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Read and execute computer tickets for service
- Identify and use cuisine-specific ingredients per recipe
- *Prepare hot and cold food by reading measuring and executing recipes (recipes primarily in the English language)
- Work in all aspects of food preparationFollow all health sanitation regulations and safety procedures per company standards
- Follow plate presentation guidelines set by the company
- Assist in the management of production and delivery of staff meals
- Train new hires and incoming staff on the preparation and plating of all menu items
- Assist Chefs and Kitchen Managers as needed in the execution of service
- Work as a team, assisting all guest’s and employee’s needs and inquiries
- Effectively communicate with management, chefs, and service staff to fulfill and address any issues or needs requested by guests and or other employees
- Safely operate all kitchen equipment, including ovens, stoves, grills, and fryers
- Assist and/ or complete additional tasks as assigned
- Tao Group Hospitality in-venue training
- Minimum of one (1) year of direct working experience in a high-volume and Fine dining restaurant required
- Previous culinary experience preferred.
SKILLS / PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORK ENVIRONMENT / SCHEDULE
The work environment characteristics and/or physical demands described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Ability to write and verbally communicate
- Must be able to move quickly
- Must be able to push and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time
- Work in an environment that is subject to varying levels of noise, crowds, and smoke, the severity of which depends upon the guest volume
- Office, Casino, Nightclub, Bar, Lounge, and/or Restaurant working Environment
- Exposure to hot kitchen elements or cleaning materials
- Office, Casino, Nightclub, Bar, Lounge, and/or Restaurant working environment
- May work extended hours irregular shifts, evening and/or weekend shifts, and holiday work may be required
- Maintain a professional, neat, and well-groomed appearance adhering to Company standards
- Must be effective as part of a team; ability to interact with internal and external customers, managers, and co-workers in a professional, courteous manner
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to handle a fast-paced, busy, and somewhat stressful environment