Cedric’s, a Danny Meyer Venue is located in The Shed—a groundbreaking arts and culture institution in Hudson Yards. Open to the public and accessible via a street-level entrance on West 30th Street, Cedric’s serves a menu of cocktails, craft beer, and wine, accompanied by shareable bites, sandwiches, and salads. Cedric’s draws on the creativity and inventive spirit of The Shed, offering a welcoming and laidback experience for locals and visitors alike.
Who you are: As a Line Cook, you have a strong passion for food, technique, and an eagerness to learn more, which comes with the opportunity to build on your skills and grow as a leader in the kitchen. The ideal candidate is friendly, curious, and devoted to becoming an integral member of a team that values hard work and attention to every detail.
What you’ll do:
- Display a working knowledge of all ingredients and preparation used on the menu.
- Consistently ensure that station mise en place is prepped, seasoned, and stocked throughout service and the overall station remains clean and organized.
- Effectively participates in a professionally run service period, ensuring excellence in cooking, timing, plate assembly, and communication.
- Maintain a calm mental athleticism while managing picks and simultaneously taking direction from expediters and culinary leaders.
- Promote teamwork and excellence amongst the kitchen team.
- Demonstrate an eagerness to refine techniques and a desire to continually learn and grow.
What we need from you:
- 1+ years in a Line Cook position at a full-service restaurant, or similar experience
- Ability to walk or stand for long periods of time
- English fluency and additional languages are preferred, but not required
What you’ll get from us:
- Hourly rate of $17 - 20
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you with an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave
- 51% dining discount throughout the USHG family of restaurants
- Flexible Spending Options (health care, dependent care, transit & parking)
- Employee Assistance Program to support overall mental wellbeing
- Exclusive access to primary care, mental health, and other healthcare services through Radish Health
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future
- Generous Employee Referral Program
- Access to the USHG HUGS Employee Relief Fund
Please note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. This position may be required to perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the restaurant.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at our company, please e-mail email@example.com for assistance.