Position Summary: Ensure quality and consistency of all food menu items. Interacts with fellow employees, and supervisors in a polite and courteous manner to ensure gracious hospitality.
Duties and Responsibilities: including but not limited to
- Maintain professional appearance standards as directed in the Tao Group Hospitality Employee Handbook.
- Anticipate and accommodate the needs of the guests.
- Handles all allergy and/or dietary restrictions and modifications.
- Accurately follows all orders received from the POS system and/or direction from the expeditor.
- Maintains cleanliness and sanitation of assigned station, the kitchen and the entire venue.
- Follow supervisor’s instructions, communicate with and supports co-workers, while being a team player.
- Possesses in-depth knowledge of assigned recipes with the ability to execute them to company standard.
- Possesses general knowledge of the venue.
- Complies with Department of Health and company sanitation standards.
- Communicates product needs to the chefs and the support staff.
- Required to check cover counts, BEOs and/or Fire Sheets.
- Properly sets-up station and performs opening/closing procedures as directed by management, including:
- Stocks station with prescribed supplies.
- Sets “mise en place” following FIFO and company standards.
- Wipes down and sanitizes station.
- Performs opening side-work as prescribed.
- Performs closing side-work as prescribed.
- Reports all breakage, damage of equipment or furniture immediately to management.
- Attends and participates in daily pre-service meetings (where applicable).
- Attends and participates in any training sessions or departmental meetings.
- Learn by listening, observing other team members and sharing knowledge while leading by example.
- Portrays a positive and professional attitude.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Tao Group Hospitality, its partners and supporting hotel environments.
- Works as part of a team and provides help and support to all fellow team members.
- Tao Group Hospitality in-venue Line Cook training and Food Handling Certificate.
Minimum Education and Qualifications:
- Previous culinary experience preferred.
- Experience as a line cook in a high-volume culinary operation preferred.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Must be able to stand, lift and bend for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to bend and lift to 50 lbs.
- Role may include job duties or tasks requiring repetitive motion.
- Exposure to hot kitchen elements or cleaning materials.
- Must be able to work and remain focused in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule inclusive of varying shifts such as days, evenings, weekends and holidays.