The HVAC/Refrigeration Engineer performs highly diversified duties including installs, repairs, troubleshoot and maintenance to a variety of equipment including refrigeration, air conditioning, electric motors, heating units, heat pumps, compressors, commercial furnaces, boilers, burners, intake and exhaust fans, economizers, humidifiers, capacity controls, split systems, flame safeguard controls, air driers, packaged units, and hot side equipment such as ovens, ranges and fryers.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Perform routine to complex maintenance and repair work on all mechanical and electrical equipment and systems throughout the properties
- Recognize equipment that needs repairs, adjustments, or replacement
- Analyze, plan, and perform preventative maintenance of Refrigeration Equipment and/or HVAC system.
- Plan shutdowns for maintenance and repair pumps including chill water, heating water and condensation pumps.
- Troubleshoot, repair, and make modifications to Refrigeration Equipment and/or HVAC system.
- Adhere to all city, state, and federal regulatory statues; Maintain maintenance records as required by City, State and EPA regulations.
- Order and maintain parts needed to repair and maintain HVAC equipment.
- Manage relationship with all major vendor accounts.
- Diagnose problems, replace, or repair parts, test and adjust as needed.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters, and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Completes service work orders and writes detailed information on work orders for proper invoicing. Follows proper departmental work order submittal process.
- Follows all company department policies and procedures. Including but not limited to safe driving, timesheet submittal, ordering parts, customer service and responding to service calls.
- Maintain equipment and logbooks
- Replace filters throughout properties as needed
- Possess extensive knowledge of repair and preventative maintenance of facilities equipment including kitchen equipment, gas, and steam, electrical and plumbing
- Daily travel to various locations for installations, repairs, and maintenance
- Assist and/or complete additional tasks as assigned
Working knowledge of repair and preventative maintenance of facilities equipment, perception, and awareness of the maintenance goals and policies
SKILLS / PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORK ENVIRONMENT / SCHEDULE
The work environment characteristics and/or physical demands described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions