Marta, located at The Redbury New York hotel in the growing neighborhood north of Madison Square Park, is a lively Italian restaurant from Chef John Poiarkoff. Inspired by the rustic tradition of Roman pizzeria, local haunts that churn out thin, crackly-crusted pizzas, Marta features an energetic open kitchen with two wood-burning ovens and an open-fire grill taking center stage. The kitchen creates fresh takes on classic pizza standbys as well as original inventions showcasing seasonal and local ingredients. The wine list hangs its hat on Champagne and a deep focus on Italian wine, along with exciting beer and a lively cocktail menu. Marta exudes warmth and communal energy and serves as a central gathering place for its community.
Who you are:
The Host is a vital member of the Service team as the first impression and point of contact with every guest and visitor at the restaurant. The Host most exude warmth and hospitality and is a partner to the Maitre D’ in plotting, planning, and updating the dining room to efficiently coordinate seatings throughout each service.
What you’ll do:
- Create a welcoming and hospitable environment for guests whether in person or over the phone.
- Partner with Maître D’ to quote accurate wait times while “finding the yes” for all guests.
- Properly answer guest inquiries with regards to restaurant hours of operation and basic operational information, menus, and reservations.
- Act as a liaison between the guest, management, service staff and kitchen and communicate accordingly.
- Work with efficiency and a sense of urgency while remaining composed.
- Demonstrates a passion for guest experience and an eagerness to learn and grow.
What we need from you:
- Experience in a guest facing role in a restaurant preferred, but not necessary
- Basic understanding of Resy functions
- Ability to walk or stand for long periods of time
- English fluency and additional languages preferred, but not required
What you’ll get from us:
- Hourly rate of $10/hr + tips
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you with an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave
- 51% dining discount throughout the USHG family of restaurants
- Flexible Spending Options (health care, dependent care, transit & parking)
- Employee Assistance Program to support overall mental wellbeing
- Exclusive access to primary care, mental health, and other healthcare services through Radish Health
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future
- Generous Employee Referral Program
- Access to the USHG HUGS Employee Relief Fund