We are seeking energetic, reliable greeters for all of our restaurants. We offer an opportunity to make great money ($16+ with tips)
You: You are able to build genuine, authentic connections with our guests and with your fellow team members. You are passionate and inquisitive about food and beverage and eager to learn more about your craft and our industry. You gain true satisfaction by providing others with an amazing experience and the opportunity to experience joy.
The company: As a member of the FGR Family, you'll enjoy real professional growth, job satisfaction, supportive and respectful environments and industry leading benefits for all positions. We are a stable restaurant group with deep roots in the Atlanta community (opening our first restaurant in 1993. We are recognized as an employee-centric organization that takes care of our people, our community and our environment.
The Greeter is each guest's first and last impression of a restaurant. The job can be thought of as a public relations specialist whose primary role is to greet guests, build relationships with regular guests, seat parties, give directions and provide information. They must also convey a feeling of warmth, hospitality and appreciation in every interaction.
The Fifth Group Greeter determines the success of each and every shift by controlling the flow of guests into and out of the restaurant and by seating guests in a fair and consistent manner they set the stage for each server to provide the best possible service, and in turn for the guests to enjoy the best possible experience.
Service Steps and Restaurant Operations: We value learning and growing. We are inspired by and foster creativity. We demand quality and are committed to profitability.
- Thoroughly and accurately takes reservations to Fifth Group standards
- Creates an impression of warmth and hospitality from first interaction, as guests are taken to their table, and to the last impression with a warm and gracious goodbye
- Assists the Service Staff in the following areas: resetting tables, refilling beverages, running food, pre-bussing tables, and any other points of service as necessary.
- Understands and assists in impacting the 14 Elements of Connected Service
- Achieves expert knowledge of restaurant concept and Fifth Group history and personnel
- Knowledgeable about menu, beverage options, daily specials, hours of operation, and directions
- Performs assigned housekeeping responsibilities before, during, and after your shift
- Responsible for all menus being appropriately stocked, clean, and in good repair
- Participates in, and helps to coordinate, regular restroom checkups
- Has the ability to use Open Table to maximum advantage, including understanding of pacing, getting names for all walk-in guests, use of chit printer, and regular guest recognition.
- Knows the capacity of every table, combination of tables, and sections within the restaurant for maximum guest accommodation.
- Books reservations to maintain an even flow of business, without negatively impacting floor or kitchen operations.
- Quotes accurate wait times, and seats parties within their quoted wait time.
- Understands the restaurants turn times, and what causes them to go up or down.
- Follows the restaurant's seating policies, including fair and consistent rotation of servers.
Embody the FGR Values, Mission and Company Purpose: We believe in success and generosity. We insist on integrity and respect.
- Goes above and beyond to satisfy every guest and positively impact guests' impression of FGR hospitality.
- Encourages walk-in guests, as well as dining at the bar and in the cocktail area of the restaurant
- Proactively and consistently communicates with managers, coworkers and guests.
- Handles difficult situations with professionalism and courtesy.
- Performs any task deemed necessary by managers for complete guest satisfaction.
- Identifies and solves any problems related to guest dissatisfaction and complaints.
- Expected to have honest, open communication with staff, managers and owners.
These lists of job duties and responsibilities are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by the personnel so classified. Management reserves the right to revise or amend duties at any time.