Exciting new Fifth Group Restaurant opening in Virginia-Highlands in Fall of 2023!?Come join the team at one of Atlanta?s most reputable restaurant groups. Our success stems from our people centric culture and passion for hospitality. Respectful work environments and growth opportunities can be found across all of our restaurants. This concept is sure to become a neighborhood favorite in no time!
You:?Passionate, caring, and an experienced General Manager, in an upscale, high-volume restaurant. The ideal candidate will inspire and educate a team of professionals and create memorable connected experiences for both guests and team members
The primary responsibility of the General Manager (GM) is to lead and manage all restaurant operations, in order to provide an exceptional level of food, service, ambience and overall guest satisfaction resulting in achieving targeted sales, profitability and increased market share thus protecting the long-term success and integrity of the restaurant.
The GM must demonstrate that employees are the highest priority, and maintain a positive work environment while developing the next generation of restaurant leaders.
The General Manager (GM) is simply the most trusted member of the management team. The GM is expected to act as a role model on behalf of and in accordance with the values, purpose and mission of Fifth Group and its owners.
People/Staffing: We value learning and growing. We are inspired by and foster creativity.
- Directly supervises Managers and Sous Chefs and provides oversight, guidance and partnership to the Executive Chef.
- Nurtures creative thinking, staff morale and curiosity, and a culture congruent with Fifth Group's values, purpose and mission.
- Oversees all hourly hiring initiatives and staffing plans, supports department managers and chefs with interviews and hiring processes and owns all final hiring decisions.
- Ensures consistent execution of all training programs for both managers and hourly team members.
- Provides effective, ongoing coaching of staff, both positive and constructive, including required periodic performance evaluations and goal setting discussions.
- Clearly defines expectation and holds individuals accountable for fulfilling their job description and following FGR policies and procedures.
- Responsible for all disciplinary notices and documentation, including completion of separation notices.
- Conducts hourly new hire orientations and complete/accurate on-boarding of all FOH and BOH hourly employees.
- Leads by example by following and enforcing all Fifth Group Policies & Procedures for managers and hourly employees.
- Develops a team of leaders who are prepared to move upward in the organization.
Financial, Legal and Administrative: We are committed to profitability.
- Develops and executes the plan to drive sales via marketing programs, operations and increasing guest frequency, resulting in meeting or exceeding period, quarter and annual sales targets.
- Actively oversees all cost categories, including food, beverage, labor, controllable and fixed expenses resulting in meeting or exceeding period, quarter and annual PAC and EBITDA targets.
- Effectively manages all inventory, payroll and petty cash procedures resulting in accurate & timely weekly, bi-weekly and period financial numbers.
- Liaises with the FGR support team, guaranteeing that the restaurant fulfills all of its responsibilities as it relates to all accounting procedures and data protocols.
- Shares financial information with management team to develop and ensure understanding of the ???whys??? behind their daily decisions, developing their ability to manage FGR's profitability standards.
- Participates in, and owns, all annual sales and expense budgets as well as the tracking and reporting of required financial or statistical information on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis.
- Communicates in a timely fashion with the FGR Support to assure that all permits and licenses are renewed and posted.
Operations: We demand quality.
- Responsible for guaranteeing each and every shift is executed at or above established restaurant standards ensuring maximum guest satisfaction in the areas of service, ambience and hospitality.
- Utilizes all available tools to assist in operational decision making, i.e. shopper reports and guest feedback reports.
- Creates opportunities to convey FGR's mission and vision to team members, guests, vendors and our community.
- Encourages and fosters ongoing relationships with regular guests.
- Ultimately responsible for food quality and consistency through on-going management of the restaurant's Executive Chef as well as communicating with sous chefs and staff.
- Oversees the management of the restaurant's wine and beverage programs, ensuring overall budgets are met, while maintaining offerings that are congruent with the identity of both the restaurant and the food menu.
- Provides a safe, clean, organized and sanitary work environment, both interior and exterior. Ensures all health and safety standards are met, correcting violation with a sense of urgency.
- Responsible for the successful costing, planning, and execution of all special events, large parties and marketing events.
- Responsible for Aloha POS, payroll and inventory software maintenance as well as all computer hardware.
Management of the Team: We believe in success and generosity. We insist on integrity and respect.
- Responsible for providing leadership and being a role model for your fellow managers and all staff members.
- Continually develops all managers and chefs through shift by shift interaction and by successfully planning and executing weekly one-on-one meetings with them.
- Complete commitment to good management practices by fulfilling the Unit Quarterly Priorities and action planning within a structured time management system.
- Creates an environment where information is shared, utilizing all available communication tools from shift note reporting to weekly manager meetings
- Expected to have honest, open communication with staff, managers, and owners.