Oversees the daily activities of the front-of-house operations and team members in accordance with company policies and procedures and works concurrently with the Executive Chef ensuring a successful operation. Interacts with the dining room guests, fellow team members, and supervisors in a polite and courteous manner to ensure gracious hospitality.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Anticipate and accommodate the needs of the guests.
- Oversees the general cleanliness of the front-of-house and the entire venue.
- Conducts decision-making process for interviewing, hiring, and training new applicants.
- Oversee the scheduling, growth opportunities, and team member development of all front-of-house team members.
- Responsible for all front-of-house job performance reviews in conjunction with the Director of Operations.
- Oversee front-of-house operations to ensure quality, safety, beverage recipe accuracy, efficiency, and profitability.
- Supervise the execution of regular service, catering, take-out, delivery, and all in/off-venue events.
- Possesses in-depth knowledge of operational systems, which includes payroll, inventory, and purchasing.
- Regulates all executive-level POS functions.
- Responsible, with the Executive Chef, for maintaining the venue’s monthly Profit & Loss statement standards.
- Oversees Department of Health and company sanitation standards.
- Oversees that the venue is compliant with all federal, state, and local laws and regulations, and company policies.
- Coaches and develops front-of-house team members by setting clear guidelines and expectations.
- Oversees that all mechanical systems are in good working order and compliant with all federal, state, and local ordinances.
- Ensures all team members are compliant with all front-of-house standards and procedures.
- Possesses in-depth knowledge of all food and beverage menus.
- Oversees that all guest and team member concerns are resolved.
- Practical knowledge of the job duties of all supervised team members.
- Communicates clearly and concisely with heart-of-house team members during service.
- Oversees the completion of all opening and closing procedures as prescribed by the company.
- Oversees the replacement or repair of all breakage and damage to equipment or furniture.
- Attends, leads, and participates in any training sessions, departmental meetings, or pre-service meetings.
- Learn by listening, observing other team members, and sharing knowledge while leading by example.
- Portrays a positive and professional attitude.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the venue, Tao Group Hospitality, its partners, and supporting hotel environments.
- Works as part of a team and provides help and support to all fellow team members.
- Assist and/ or complete additional tasks as assigned
- TAO Group Hospitality General Manager Training Program,
- PCI/DSS Training
- Minimum 8 years of previous hospitality experience in a General Manager or senior management role within a high-volume setting is essential.
- Two-year associate degree (60 credit hours) in Hospitality, Business, etc. or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Strong guest service foundation, ability to coach, build a team, problem solve, and leadership skills required.
- Demonstrated financial acumen with P&L statements, annual budgets, forecasting, COGS, and labor models.
- Must be organized, self-motivated, and proactive with strong attention to detail.
- Proficient with computers (Microsoft Products), POS, and technology.
SKILLS / PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORK ENVIRONMENT / SCHEDULE:
The work environment characteristics and/or physical demands described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions
- Must have strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Must have good positive energy throughout the day
- Must be able to read the computer monitors and print legibly
- Must be able to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time
- Must be able to move quickly through work and set the pace in the office
- Must be able to push and lift up to 40 lbs.
- Small to Medium office environment
- Office, Casino, Nightclub, Bar, Lounge, and/or Restaurant working environment
- 5-30% Local Travel (United States)
- Work in an environment that is subject to varying levels of noise, crowds, and smoke, the severity of which depends upon the guest volume
- May work extended hours irregular shifts, evening and/or weekend shifts, and holiday work may be required
- Maintain a professional, neat, and well-groomed appearance adhering to Company standards
- Must be effective as part of a team; ability to interact with internal and external customers, managers, and co-workers in a professional, courteous manner
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Ability to handle a fast-paced, busy, and somewhat stressful environment