Who you are: You are a seasoned hospitality leader with a proven track record of delivering exceptional guest and employee experiences. Your passion for the industry is matched by your strategic mindset, enabling you to drive sales growth and uphold financial excellence. Your ability to inspire and cultivate a positive work environment makes you a natural mentor, empowering your team to excel. With your strong communication skills and unwavering commitment to our values, you'll lead by example, fostering a culture of creativity, integrity, and continuous improvement.
Who we are: Are you ready to join the ranks of the Fifth Group Restaurants, where our purpose is to ignite passion and bring joy to people's lives? Since our establishment in 1993, we have been dedicated to making a mark on Atlanta's dining scene and elevating the city's culinary reputation. We cherish a work environment built on positivity, respect, diversity, and the pursuit of profitability. We value the importance of maintaining a balanced and healthy lifestyle while setting and achieving meaningful goals. If you're ready to be a part of the Fifth Group family and make a lasting impact in the world of dining, we invite you to join us as a Fifth Grouper!
The Restaurant: Ecco explores the depth and diversity of bold European flavors from the comfort of our contemporary, upscale Midtown restaurant. Impeccable old-world styling, fine dining standards of service, and an unparalleled wine list will keep you coming back for more. Dine with us and enjoy our beloved fried goat cheese drizzled with honey, award-winning wood oven flatbreads, inspired pastas and inventive European-inspired mains that make the most of what’s local.
- Lead Managers, Sous Chefs, and an Executive Chef, providing guidance and support.
- Cultivate a culture of creativity, positive morale, and alignment with our FGR core values.
- Own hourly hiring initiatives, overseeing interviews and final decisions.
- Execute training programs for team members and managers.
- Provide constructive coaching and performance evaluations.
- Enforce adherence to FGR policies and job descriptions.
- Nurture a pipeline of future leaders within the organization.
- Drive sales growth through strategic marketing and operational excellence.
- Manage cost categories to meet or exceed financial targets.
- Ensure accurate inventory, payroll, and financial reporting.
- Collaborate with FGR support for accounting procedures and data protocols.
- Enhance decision-making by sharing financial insights with the management team.
- Develop and oversee annual budgets, tracking financial performance.
- Maintain high restaurant standards for service, ambience, and hospitality.
- Utilize tools for informed operational decision-making.
- Champion FGR's mission and vision to team, guests, and the community.
- Build and maintain relationships with our valued regular guests.
- Ensure exceptional food quality, oversee beverage programs, and wine selections.
- Uphold a safe and clean work environment, adhering to health and safety standards.
- Successfully manage special events, large parties, and innovative marketing efforts.
- Model leadership and behavior for managers and staff members.
- Develop managers and chefs through consistent interaction and one-on-one meetings.
- Prioritize and achieve Unit Quarterly Priorities using effective time management.
- Foster open and transparent communication among staff, managers, and owners.
Knowledge, skills, & abilities
- Commitment to embodying FGR values
- At least three years of restaurant management experience
- Proven track record of meeting sales/cost targets, personal goals and developing managers
- Adept in Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel and Outlook
- Solid understanding of P&L concepts, reporting and troubleshooting.
- Leadership, Coaching and Teaching abilities
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written, and listening skills)
- Passion for both guest service, employee engagement and the restaurant business
- Proactive problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work days, nights, weekends and holidays
- Constant standing and walking
- Occasional stooping, kneeling and crawling
- Occasional ascending or descending of ladders, stairs and/or ramps
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 8 hours per shift
- Frequent, continual, intermittent flexing and rotation of the spine, elbows and wrists
- Must be able to lift up to 15 lbs on a regular and continuing basis
- Occasional pushing, pulling, lifting or carrying up to 50 lbs, i.e. case of wine, full ice buckets, etc
- Must be able to listen and speak, for both guest and team member interaction
- Constant use of POS/Computer systems
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment
EOE STATEMENT We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.