Mad Mex is more than burritos and guacamole (although we love both!). It’s a fun, casual place with legendary customer service and our take on what we call “funky fresh Cal-Mex” – which means serving the freshest food with the biggest flavors.
The Front of House Manager assists the General Manager in all aspects of operations of the restaurant. They oversee and coordinate the planning, organizing, training and leadership necessary to achieve stated objectives in sales, costs, employee retention, guest service and satisfaction, food quality, cleanliness and sanitation. They are in charge of not only running the restaurant, but leading and developing the staff. The Front of House Manager also acts as a backup to the General Manager and other Front of House Managers.
Working in our award-winning restaurants as a full-time manager offers you a great job and competitive earnings, plus the following benefits:
- 50% Employee Discount: 50% off the entire check for you and a guest at ANY big Burrito Restaurant Group location.
- Time Off: Paid vacation and personal/sick days
- Health Insurance: Medical, dental, and vision benefits are available as well as the option to enroll in Aflac insurance.
- Holiday Closures: All restaurants are closed on July 4th, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day (with possible additional holiday closures).
- Free Shift Meal
- 401(k) Retirement Plan: Once eligibility requirements are met, employees are able to enroll in the program through Fidelity.
The ideal candidate:
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Must pass a background screen.
- Has knowledge of service, food, and beverage, generally involving at least three years of front of house operations, service, and/or assistant management positions.
- Communicates clearly and effectively with others.
- Has exceptional customer service skills.
- Has excellent basic math skills and the ability to operate a cash register or POS system.
- Can work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 9 hours).
- Can reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 40 pounds.