Responsible for supervising the daily operations and activities of the front-of-house team members in accordance with department policies and procedures, and the management of all front-of-house operations. Interacts with the dining room guests, fellow team members, and supervisors in a polite, courteous and hospitable manner to ensure gracious hospitality.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Anticipate and accommodate the needs of the guests.
- Supervises and coordinates team member responsibilities to ensure that the restaurant is running efficiently and profitably.
- Participates in interviewing, hiring, and training new applicants and team member development of all subordinates.
- Responsible for the scheduling of assigned departments.
- Participates in growth opportunities and team member development of all front-of-house team members.
- Regulates all POS functions requiring a manager’s approval.
- Assists with job performance reviews.
- Addresses and resolves guest and team member concerns.
- Responsible for reconciling end-of-shift financials.
- Responsible for inventorying and ordering operational supplies.
- Ability to perform the job duties of all supervised team members.
- Possesses in-depth knowledge of all food and beverage menus.
- Ensures that the venue is compliant with all federal, state, and local laws and regulations, and company policies.
- Ensures Department of Health and company sanitation standards.
- Practical knowledge of the job duties of all supervised team members.
- Communicates clearly and concisely with heart-of-house team members during service.
- Ensures the completion of all opening and closing procedures by FOH team members, as prescribed by the company.
- Ensures the replacement or repair of all breakage and damage of equipment or furniture.
- Attends, leads, and participates in any training sessions, departmental meetings, or pre-service meetings.
- Learn by listening, observing other team members, and sharing knowledge while leading by example.
- Portrays a positive and professional attitude.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the venue, Tao Group Hospitality, its partners, and supporting hotel environments.
- Works as part of a team and provides help and support to all fellow team members.
- Assist and/ or complete additional tasks as assigned.
- Tao Group Hospitality in-venue Manager Training Program
- PCI/DSS Training
- Minimum 2-3 years of previous hospitality supervisory/management experience within a high-volume setting is essential.
- Two-year associate degree (60 credit hours) in Hospitality, Business, etc. or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Strong guest service foundation, ability to coach, build a team, problem solve, and leadership skills required.
- Must be organized, self-motivated, and proactive with strong attention to detail.
- Proficient with computers (Microsoft Products), POS, and technology.
SKILLS / PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORK ENVIRONMENT / SCHEDULE
The work environment characteristics and/or physical demands described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions
- Must have strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Must have good positive energy throughout the day
- Must be able to read the computer monitors and print legibly
- Must be able to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time
- Must be able to move quickly through work and set the pace in the office
- Must be able to push and lift up to 40 lbs.
- Small to Medium office environment
- Office, Casino, Nightclub, Bar, Lounge, and/or Restaurant working environment
- 5-30% Local Travel (United States)
- Work in an environment that is subject to varying levels of noise, crowds, and smoke, the severity of which depends upon the guest volume
- May work extended hours
- Regular shifts, evening and/or weekend shifts, and holiday work may be required
- Maintain a professional, neat, and well-groomed appearance adhering to Company standards
- Must be effective as part of a team; ability to interact with internal and external customers, managers, and co-workers in a professional, courteous manner
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Ability to handle a fast-paced, busy, and somewhat stressful environment