Built around a culinary philosophy that takes heavy cues from the seasons, Upland balances a familiar rusticity with a smart global approach and a New Yorker’s eye for detail. The menu offers an artful array of starters, entrees and sides, each plate accented with an enticing and urbane touch.
We are currently seeking an Executive Chef who has a progressive culinary background to work collaboratively as part of the management team to create moments that surprise, details that delight, and flavors that linger long after the last plate is cleared.
This position offers a comprehensive package including:
- A Base Salary Range of $120,000- $130,000
- Quarterly Bonus Program up to 20%
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits Coverage
- Dining Discounts at over 25 Affiliated STARR Restaurants - and more!
Qualified candidates will be:
- Humble in their approach to learning and professional self-development
- Passionate about using high-quality and seasonal ingredients
- Energetic and enthusiastic and possess strong communication and organizational skills
- Leadership qualities, including the ability to inspire, teach, and coach a large diverse team
- 6+ years of kitchen leadership experience as a Chef de Cuisine or Executive Chef in high-volume, well-rated restaurants
- Ability to support the line during service while managing the transition from prep to service
- Strong financial acumen as it pertains to food costs and budgeting
- Experience with Socal, Seasonal, & European cuisines; with a focus on Italian cuisine
Affiliated with STARR Restaurants, Upland is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.