Ensure all service/kitchen wares are clean and sanitized. Interacts with fellow team members, and supervisors in a polite and courteous manner to ensure gracious hospitality.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Maintain the highest level possible of cleanliness and sanitation standards throughout the area of responsibility, which will meet or exceed Federal, State, and Local Health Department standards.
- Comply with all safety and health department procedures.
- Set-up, operate and clean all kitchen machinery/equipment properly and safely and store it in its proper place.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and handling of equipment.
- Clean and sanitize food service, preparation ware, dish room, pot room, and kitchen areas.
- Scrape/spray all ware before placing in ware-washing machine.
- Rack all china and glassware according to dish room standards.
- Practice proper food handling procedures.
- Ensure all ware is clean and sanitary before removing from dish room areas.
- Separate all ware and store properly in designated areas.
- Efficiently work with materials and/or resources being aware of and minimizing costs and expenses.
- Maintain equipment quality thru preventative maintenance and cleaning.
- Attention to detail on areas of grease, grime, proper storage, stacking heights, chemical usage, and storage, etc.
- Follow cleaning schedule and closing list thoroughly.
- Constantly monitoring trash and cleanliness of kitchen.
- Keep workstations clean at all times during service time.
- Communicate effectively on all levels, including product needs to the chefs and/or purchaser.
- Report problems and concerns with machinery to the Executive Chef.
- Reports all breakage, and damage of equipment or furniture immediately to management.
- Create and maintain a SENSE OF URGENCY.
- Maintain and promote a friendly atmosphere for Guests and staff.
- Comply with all safety and health department procedures as well as Company and/or departmental policies/procedures.
- Anticipate and accommodate the needs of employees.
- Proper storage and removal of garbage and soiled linens.
- Follow supervisor’s instructions, communicate with and support co-workers while being a team player.
- Possesses general knowledge of the venue.
- Attends and participates in daily pre-service meetings (where applicable).
- Attends and participates in any training sessions or departmental meetings.
- Learn by listening, observing other team members, and sharing knowledge while leading by example.
- Portrays a positive and professional attitude.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Tao Group Hospitality, its partners, and supporting hotel environments.
- Assist and/ or complete additional tasks as assigned
- Tao Group Hospitality in-venue Steward training
- Previous porter and/or dishwasher/steward experience preferred.
SKILLS / PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORK ENVIRONMENT / SCHEDULE
The work environment characteristics and/or physical demands described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Ability to write and verbally communicate
- Must be able to move quickly
- Must be able to push and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time
- Work in an environment that is subject to varying levels of noise, crowds, and smoke, the severity of which depends upon the guest volume
- Office, Casino, Nightclub, Bar, Lounge, and/or Restaurant working Environment
- Exposure to hot kitchen elements or cleaning materialsOffice, Casino, Nightclub, Bar, Lounge, and/or Restaurant working environment
- May work extended hours irregular shifts, evening and/or weekend shifts, and holiday work may be required
- Maintain a professional, neat, and well-groomed appearance adhering to Company standards
- Must be effective as part of a team; ability to interact with internal and external customers, managers, and co-workers in a professional, courteous manner
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to handle a fast-paced, busy, and somewhat stressful environment