Ensure all service/kitchen wares are clean and sanitized. Interacts with fellow team members, and supervisors in a polite and courteous manner to ensure gracious hospitality.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Anticipate and accommodate the needs of all employees.
- Aides in cleaning inside and outside the venue.
- Proper storage and removal of garbage and soiled linens.
- Maintains cleanliness and sanitation of the dish station, the kitchen, and the entire venue.
- Follow supervisor’s instructions, communicate with and support co-workers while being a team player.
- Possesses in-depth knowledge of the dish machine.
- Possesses in-depth knowledge of proper usage of cleaning chemicals, equipment, and supplies.
- Possesses general knowledge of the venue.
- Complies with Department of Health and company sanitation standards.
- Communicates product needs to the chefs and/or purchaser.
- Properly sets-up dish station and performs opening/closing procedures as directed by management, including:
- Stocks stations with prescribed supplies.
- Maintain and clean kitchen equipment.
- Wipes down and sanitizes stations.
- Performs opening side-work as prescribed.
- Performs closing side-work as prescribed.
- Reports all breakage, and damage of equipment or furniture immediately to management.
- Attends and participates in daily pre-service meetings (where applicable).
- Attends and participates in any training sessions or departmental meetings.
- Learn by listening, observing other team members, and sharing knowledge while leading by example.
- Portrays a positive and professional attitude.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Tao Group Hospitality, its partners, and supporting hotel environments.
- Works as part of a team and provides help and support to all fellow team members.
- Assist and/ or complete additional tasks as assigned
- Tao Group Hospitality in-venue dishwasher training
- Previous porter and/or Dishwasher experience preferred.
SKILLS / PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORK ENVIRONMENT / SCHEDULE:
The work environment characteristics and/or physical demands described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Ability to write and verbally communicate
- Must be able to move quickly
- Must be able to push and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time
- Work in an environment that is subject to varying levels of noise, crowds, and smoke, the severity of which depends upon the guest volume
- Office, Casino, Nightclub, Bar, Lounge, and/or Restaurant working Environment
- Exposure to hot kitchen elements or cleaning materials
- Office, Casino, Nightclub, Bar, Lounge, and/or Restaurant working environment
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to handle a fast-paced, busy, and somewhat stressful environment
- DISCLAIMER: This job description is a summary of duties, which you are expected to perform in your assignment. It is by no means an all-inclusive list but is merely a broad guide to expected duties. As a team member, you should understand that a job description is neither complete nor permanent; it can be modified at any time. Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, team members may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the property. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meetings is required. Also, at the request of management, any team member may be asked and expected to perform additional duties, responsibilities, or projects without notice.