Position Summary: Ensure all service/kitchen-wares are clean and sanitized. Interacts with fellow team members, and supervisors in a polite and courteous manner to ensure gracious hospitality.
Duties and Responsibilities: including but not limited to
- Maintain professional appearance standards as directed in the Tao Group Hospitality Employee Handbook.
- Anticipate and accommodate the needs of all employees.
- Aides in cleaning inside and outside the venue.
- Proper storage and removal of garbage and soiled linens.
- Maintains cleanliness and sanitation of dish station, the kitchen and the entire venue.
- Follow supervisor’s instructions, communicate with and support co-workers while being a team player.
- Possesses in-depth knowledge of the dish machine.
- Possesses in-depth knowledge of proper usage of cleaning chemicals, equipment and supplies.
- Possesses general knowledge of the venue.
- Complies with Department of Health and company sanitation standards.
- Communicates product needs to the chefs and/or purchaser.
- Properly sets-up dish station and performs opening/closing procedures as directed by management, including:
- Stocks stations with prescribed supplies.
- Maintain and clean kitchen equipment.
- Wipes down and sanitizes stations.
- Performs opening side-work as prescribed.
- Performs closing side-work as prescribed.
- Reports all breakage, damage of equipment or furniture immediately to management.
- Attends and participates in daily pre-service meetings (where applicable).
- Attends and participates in any training sessions or departmental meetings.
- Learn by listening, observing other team members and sharing knowledge while leading by example.
- Portrays a positive and professional attitude.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Tao Group Hospitality, its partners and supporting hotel environments.
- Works as part of a team and provides help and support to all fellow team members.
- Tao Group Hospitality in-venue Dish Washer training and Food Handling Certificate.
Minimum Education and Qualifications:
- Previous porter and/or Dish Washer experience preferred.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Must be able to stand, lift and bend for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to bend and lift to 50 lbs.
- Role may include job duties or tasks requiring repetitive motion.
- Exposure to hot kitchen elements or cleaning materials.
- Must be able to work and remain focused in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule inclusive of varying shifts such as days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. Tao Group Hospitality reserves the right to make changes in the above job description and all other duties assigned. Nothing herein shall restrict Tao Group Hospitality management’s right to assign or reassign tasks, duties, or responsibilities to this job at any time.
Tao Group Hospitality is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
If you are hired, we will require proof that you have received the COVID-19 vaccine or that you have a valid religious or medical reason not to be vaccinated.