Fifth Group Dishwashers play a critical role in the smooth operation of the restaurant; their work is important and significantly contributes to a well-run kitchen. The Fifth Group Dishwasher/Steward follows high standards of cleanliness, attention to detail, and sanitation. They must be able to operate both without significant supervision and as part of a team in a high volume, fast-paced work environment.
Procedure Knowledge and Execution: We value learning and growing, are inspired by and foster creativity, demand quality and are committed to profitability.
- Maintains Fifth Group standards in the areas of cleanliness organization and waste stream management.
- Know and follow all applicable State and County food safety and Health Department standards.
- Responsible for thorough dishwasher station set-up, operation and breakdown.
- Demonstrates superior skills for all dishwashing duties, including but not limited to: Keeping kitchen stocked with clean pots and pans, keeping FOH stocked with clean china, silver, and glass, polishing silverware and glassware, the ongoing removal of all restaurant and event trash, recycling, compost, and waste oil to their proper containers.
- Consistently works to maintain: Clean dish area & equipment, clean & dry floors, clean dumpster pad & waste oil areas, and clean & tidy loading area.
- Completes all assigned, opening/closing duties, duration duties, and weekly cleaning projects.
- Completes, upon request food preparation tasks.
- Completes, upon request garbage removal for offices, or day cleaning duties/assisting with FOH cleaning and BOH deep cleaning.
- Consistently checks out with a manager at the end of the shift.
- Achieves knowledge of restaurant concept and Fifth Group history and personnel.
Embody the FGR Values, Mission and Company Purpose: We believe in success and generosity. We insist on integrity and respect.
- Assists all other employees, whenever possible, with any tasks necessary for effective guest focused restaurant operation.
- Performs any task deemed necessary by managers for complete guest satisfaction.
- Able to maintain professional composure and to receive constructive criticism in a high volume, fast paced environment.
- Able to work and perform job duties with little or no direct supervision.
- Expected to have honest, open communication with staff, managers and owners.
These lists of job duties and responsibilities are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by the personnel so classified. Management reserves the right to revise or amend duties at any time.