Perched sixty stories above Lower Manhattan, Manhatta serves seasonal, inspired cooking, and offers stunning views of New York City, its bridges, and waterways. Manhatta is a restaurant and full-service event space from Danny Meyer’s Union Square Hospitality Group, combining sky-high views with down-to-earth hospitality.
Who you are:
Captains are responsible for ensuring that all guests who dine with us have memorable experiences filled with hospitality, delicious food and drinks, and exceptional service. The Captain is an integral member of our Service team and is ultimately responsible for the sale and service of our food and beverages, while acting as a leader on the floor and providing our guests with warm and attentive hospitality.
What you’ll do:
- Demonstrate mastery of all food and beverage menu items, fluency of all ingredients and preparations, and the ability to make recommendations according to guest preferences.
- Consistently follows and leads the team on steps of service with efficiency and grace, while maintaining a sense of urgency throughout service.
- Anticipates guest needs, ensuring constant communication with colleagues, management, and the kitchen during service.
- Maintains the high standards of cleanliness and appearance throughout all areas of the restaurant both before, during and after service.
- Demonstrates an eagerness to continue to learn and grow.
What we need from you:
- 3+ years’ experience in a Service role in a similar environment
- English fluency and additional languages preferred, but not required
- Ability to stand or walk for long periods of time
- Ability to balance & carry multiple plates, glass racks and or/glasses, and lift objects up to 30 lbs.
What you’ll get from us:
- Hourly rate of $10/hr + tips*
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you with an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave
- 51% dining discount throughout the USHG family of restaurants
- Flexible Spending Options (health care, dependent care, transit & parking)
- Employee Assistance Program to support overall mental wellbeing
- Exclusive access to primary care, mental health, and other healthcare services through Radish Health
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future
- Generous Employee Referral Program
- Access to the USHG HUGS Employee Relief Fund
*The above represents the expected hourly range for this position. Ultimately, in determining your pay, we'll consider your experience and other job-related factors.