Ci Siamo is the new restaurant from Danny Meyer’s Union Square Hospitality Group and Chef Hillary Sterling, debuting this summer at Manhattan West. Celebrating the beauty of simplicity, Ci Siamo will center around live-fire cooking. The Italian-inflected menu takes inspiration from Chef Sterling’s extensive travels and is rooted in the understated excellence of seasonal ingredients and purposeful preparations. Ci Siamo, which loosely translates to “we’ve made it” or “we’ve arrived,” bridges the traditional with the contemporary to introduce a new space that is at once transportive yet warmly familiar. Ci Siamo looks forward to participating in New York’s revival, and welcoming the city to our home.
Who you are:
The Chef de Cuisine is responsible for establishing and executing superior guest experience through excellent food and hospitality. This position supports the Executive Chef by organizing, planning, and directing all aspects of daily kitchen operations. The Chef de Cuisine must have a passion for creating delicious food, building and leading high performing teams, and delivering hospitality to stakeholders.
What you’ll do:
- Oversee and hold the Sous Chef team accountable in effective daily operating procedures in all areas of the restaurant
- Lead a high performing kitchen team and maintain excellence & hospitality throughout each day’s specific service periods, ensuring consistent executive of foot and timely flow of service
- Demonstrate a proactive awareness of seasonal ingredient changes and partner with the Executive Chef to maintain menu changes in a timely and relevant manner
- Sets an example of a positive, collaborative work environment for both the service and kitchen teams, ensuring clear communication at all times
- Ensure that proper systems are in place to ensure back of house operations are kept clean, safe and up to all “A” level health code standards.
- Complete all assigned administrative requirements accurately and on time
- Provides feedback and guidance with excellence and hospitality in mind, ensuring that all team members have a pathway for growth and development
- Consistently looks for internal and external opportunities to build our growing team
What we need from you:
- 4+ years of Sous Chef experience in similar environment
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, restaurant scheduling, inventory and purchasing experience necessary
- English fluency and Spanish preferred, but not required
- Ability to stand/walk for extended periods of time
What you’ll get from us:
- Annual salary of $85,000 - $95,000, plus bonus potential*
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you with an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Options (health care, dependent care, transit & parking)
- Employee Assistance Program to support overall mental wellbeing
- Exclusive access to primary care, mental health, and other healthcare services through Radish Health
- Annual dining credit and 51% dining discount throughout the USHG family of restaurants
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future
- Access to the USHG HUGS Employee Relief Fund
*The above represents the expected salary range for this position. Ultimately, in determining your pay, we'll consider your experience and other job-related factors.