Assists the Executive Chef in leading the daily activities of the heart-of-house operations and team members in accordance with department policies and procedures. Interacts with fellow team members, and supervisors in a polite and courteous manner to ensure gracious hospitality.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Ensures the general cleanliness of the heart-of-house and the entire venue.
- Assists in the decision-making process for interviewing, hiring, and training new applicants.
- Responsible for the scheduling, growth opportunities, and team member development of heart-of-house team members.
- Works with GM to create job performance reviews.
- Responsible for heart-of-house operations to ensure safety, quality, recipe accuracy, and financial profitability.
- Responsible for the execution of regular service, catering, take-out, delivery, and all in/off-venue events.
- Possesses in-depth knowledge of operational systems, which includes payroll, inventory, and purchasing.
- Participates in reviewing the venue’s monthly Profit & Loss statement.
- Ensures Department of Health and company sanitation standards.
- Ensures that the venue is compliant with all federal, state, and local laws and regulations, and company policies.
- Coaches and develops heart-of-house team members by setting clear guidelines and expectations.
- Ensures that all mechanical systems are in good working order and compliant with all federal, state, and local ordinances.
- Ensures all team members are compliant with all heart-of-house standards and procedures.
- Ensures the preparation and delivery of menu-focus items to daily pre-service meetings.
- Possesses in-depth knowledge of all recipes, food menus and maintains station-recipe-books.
- Organize, develop and produce new recipes for potential new menu items and specials.
- Ensures the completion of all opening and closing procedures as prescribed by company.
- Maintain expediting standards.
- Communicates clearly and concisely with all team members during service.
- Practical knowledge of the job duties of all supervised team members.
- Assists in overseeing the replacement or repair of all breakage, damaged equipment or furniture.
- Attends, leads and participates in any training sessions, departmental meetings or daily pre-shift meetings.
- Learn by listening, observing other team members and sharing knowledge while leading by example.
- Portrays a positive and professional attitude.
- Demonstrates knowledge of venue, Tao Group Hospitality, its partners and supporting hotel environments.
- Works as part of a team and provides help and support to all fellow team members.
- Assist and/ or complete additional tasks as assigned
- Tao Group Hospitality in-venue Chef de Cuisine training, Food Handling Certificate.
- Minimum 5 years previous culinary experience as a Chef de Cuisine or Sous Chef within a high-volume kitchen setting is essential.
- Two-year associate degree (60 credit hours) in Culinary Arts or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Strong menu planning, ability to coach, build a team, problem solve, and leadership skills required.
- Demonstrated financial acumen with P&L statements, and labor models is desirable.
- Must be organized, self-motivated, and proactive with a strong attention to detail.
- Proficient with computers (Microsoft Products), POS and technology.
SKILLS / PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORK ENVIRONMENT / SCHEDULE
The work environment characteristics and/or physical demands described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions
- Must have strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Must have good positive energy throughout the day
- Must be able to read the computer monitors and print legibly
- Must be able to bend, kneel, sit, and/or stand for extended periods of time
- Must be able to move quickly through work and set the pace in the office
- Must be able to push and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Small to Medium office environment
- Office, Casino, Nightclub, Bar, Lounge, and/or Restaurant working environment
- 5-30% Local Travel (United States)
- Work in an environment that is subject to varying levels of noise, crowds, and smoke, the severity of which depends upon the guest volume
- May work extended hours irregular shifts, evening and/or weekend shifts, and holiday work may be required
- Maintain a professional, neat, and well-groomed appearance adhering to Company standards
- Must be effective as part of a team; ability to interact with internal and external customers, managers, and co-workers in a professional, courteous manner
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Ability to handle a fast-paced, busy, and somewhat stressful environment