Position Summary: Provide high-quality meats and services for Tao Asian Bistro. The Butcher will use meat grinders, knives, and other tools to cut meat down into smaller portions. Must weigh, marinate, execute recipes and label and proteins to ensure first in first out standard operating procedures. Butchers will work closely with Sous Chefs and Chefs to coordinate protein ordering for banquets and regular day to day portioning. Butchers must be able to read preparation lists and order requests made by kitchen management.
- Cutting, grinding and preparing meats for service
- Cleaning and maintaining tools and equipment and ensuring labeling and stock making procedures.
- Keeping records, inventory, and ordering
- Performing quality inspections on meats and other products
- Adhering to food safety and sanitation controls
- Two to four years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Food Handling Certificate
- Education or food preparation or meat cutting experience.
- Ability to use hand tools, stand or walk for extending periods, lift heavy items, and work in cold environments.
- Knowledge of meat preparation techniques and cuts.
- Strong communication, and task management
- Stock making falls under the responsibility of the butchers.
Minimum Education and Qualifications:
- Previous culinary experience preferred.
- Experience as a butcher in a high-volume culinary operation preferred.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Must be able to stand, lift and bend for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to bend and lift to 50 lbs.
- Role may include job duties or tasks requiring repetitive motion.
- Exposure to kitchen elements, cold environments or cleaning materials.
- Must be able to work and remain focused in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule inclusive of varying shifts such as days, evenings, weekends and holidays.