Position Summary: Assists Floor & Cocktail Servers in steps of guest service, resets tables in a speedy, professional and effective manner. Interacts with the dining room/lounge guests, fellow employees, and supervisors in a polite and courteous manner to ensure gracious hospitality.
Duties and Responsibilities: including but not limited to
· Maintain professional appearance standards as directed in the Tao Group Hospitality Employee Handbook.
· Anticipate and accommodate the needs of the guests.
· Maintain the general cleanliness and orderliness of the tables.
· Communicates the needs of the guests to Front-of-House and Heart-of-House support staff, servers, managers and chefs.
· Deliver, fill, re-fill water, as requested by guests and/or directed by servers.
· Clears and resets tables, cleans table area, including banquettes, during service.
· Helps ensure guest satisfaction through active participation in service.
· Maintain general cleanliness of stations and entire venue.
· Complies with Department of Health and company sanitation standards.
· Properly sets-up floor and side stations, performs side-work and other opening/closing procedures as directed by management, including:
o Responsible for making sure all tables and chairs/banquettes are clean and free of debris
o Sets tables with proper settings
o Wipes down chairs, tables and banquettes
o Stocks side-stations with prescribed supplies
o Performs opening side-work as prescribed
o Performs closing side-work as prescribed
· Participates in, when available, marking tables for upcoming courses (apps, entrees, desserts).
· Reports all breakage, damage of equipment or furniture immediately to management.
· Attends and participates in daily pre-service meetings.
· Attends and participates in any training sessions or departmental meetings.
· Learn by listening, observing other team members and sharing knowledge while leading by example.
· Portrays a positive and professional attitude.
· Demonstrates knowledge of Tao Group Hospitality, its partners and supporting hotel environments.
· Works as part of a team and provides help and support to all fellow team members.
· Tao Group Hospitality in-venue busser training, Food Handling Certificate.
Minimum Education and Qualifications:
· Previous hospitality experience.
· Previous busser experience.
· Previous Experience in a high-volume restaurant/nightclub/lounge.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
· Must be able to stand, lift and bend for extended periods of time.
· Must be able to bend and lift to 50 lbs.
· Role may include job duties or tasks requiring repetitive motion.
· Exposure to hot kitchen elements or cleaning materials.
· Must be able to work and remain focused in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
· Ability to work a flexible schedule inclusive of varying shifts such as days, evenings, weekends and holidays.