Position Summary: Assists Floor & Cocktail Servers in steps of guest service, resets tables in a speedy, professional and effective manner. Interacts with the dining room/lounge guests, fellow employees, and supervisors in a polite and courteous manner to ensure gracious hospitality.
Duties and Responsibilities: including but not limited to
- Maintain professional appearance standards as directed in the Tao Group Hospitality Employee Handbook.
- Anticipate and accommodate the needs of the guests.
- Maintain the general cleanliness and orderliness of the tables.
- Communicates the needs of the guests to Front-of-House and Heart-of-House support staff, servers, managers and chefs.
- Deliver, fill, re-fill water, as requested by guests and/or directed by servers.
- Clears and resets tables, cleans table area, including banquettes, during service.
- Helps ensure guest satisfaction through active participation in service.
- Maintain general cleanliness of stations and entire venue.
- Complies with Department of Health and company sanitation standards.
- Properly sets-up floor and side stations, performs side-work and other opening/closing procedures as directed by management, including:
- Responsible for making sure all tables and chairs/banquettes are clean and free of debris
- Sets tables with proper settings
- Wipes down chairs, tables and banquettes
- Stocks side-stations with prescribed supplies
- Performs opening side-work as prescribed
- Performs closing side-work as prescribed
- Participates in, when available, marking tables for upcoming courses (apps, entrees, desserts).
- Reports all breakage, damage of equipment or furniture immediately to management.
- Attends and participates in daily pre-service meetings.
- Attends and participates in any training sessions or departmental meetings.
- Learn by listening, observing other team members and sharing knowledge while leading by example.
- Portrays a positive and professional attitude.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Tao Group Hospitality, its partners and supporting hotel environments.
- Works as part of a team and provides help and support to all fellow team members.
- Tao Group Hospitality in-venue busser training, Food Handling Certificate.
Minimum Education and Qualifications:
- Previous hospitality experience.
- Previous busser experience.
- Previous Experience in a high-volume restaurant/nightclub/lounge.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Must be able to stand, lift and bend for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to bend and lift to 50 lbs.
- Role may include job duties or tasks requiring repetitive motion.
- Exposure to hot kitchen elements or cleaning materials.
- Must be able to work and remain focused in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule inclusive of varying shifts such as days, evenings, weekends and holidays.