You: Are a passionate leader in restaurant operations. You have at least 2-3 years of management experience in an upscale, high-volume, full-service restaurant. You are looking to hone your craft and grow your career with an innovative and employee-centric restaurant group with a stellar reputation in the community. You have a deep wine knowledge and would be able to pass WSET level 1 within 6 months of employment.
The restaurant: A Virginia Highlands neighborhood favorite, La Tavola, serves modern takes on Italian classics.La Tavola translates to the table in Italiana place where friends and families can gather anytime. Simple yet elegant dishes, classic sauces and creative entrees emphasize the true taste of Italys premier ingredients, complemented by a carefully chosen and extensive wine selection.
The primary responsibilities of the Restaurant Manager are the flawless execution of shifts, accomplishing the established goals and objectives of the restaurant, and to be accountable for assigned Areas of Responsibility (AORs). The Restaurant Manager must be passionate about the business of restaurants and have the desire to obtain a high level of skill and knowledge in food, wine and service execution. They must balance daily operations, management of people and product, administrative duties and the consistent use of systems.
The Manager is a role filled by a person who comprehends, believes in, works and manages from the purpose, mission and values outlined in Fifth Group Restaurants vision statement and is trusted to make decisions with the long- term success of the company in mind.
The Restaurant Manager is responsible for all of the following areas:
People/Staffing: We value learning and growing. We are inspired by and foster creativity.
- Holds hourly staff accountable through timely consistent feedback and coaching via Ongoing Training Meetings (OTMs) and following all disciplinary guidelines and protocol.
- Responsible for staff education, menu meeting execution, including the following topics: FGRs Purpose, Mission, Values, 14 elements of Connected Service, professionalism, appearance, and guest satisfaction.
- Executes the new hire training and ongoing training follow-up, in a consistent and timely manner.
- Abides by and enforces all Fifth Group Policies & Procedures for managers and hourly staff.
- Responsible for maintaining proper staffing levels throughout all the shifts you are on duty.
Financial, Legal and Administrative: We are committed to profitability.
- Follows all disciplinary guidelines and protocol.
- Develops and demonstrates an understanding of the P&L statement specifically; budgets vs. actuals and how they contribute to PAC by preparing for and actively participating in P&L meetings and reporting on assigned AORs.
- Accountable for cash handling including: opening and closing bank drawer reconciliation, bank deposits & change orders, check writing and reconciliation.
- Supervises/communicates with hourly staff and management to achieve budgeted costs with regard to all COS categories including labor, food, beverage and controllables.
- Consistently maintains and utilizes all unit forms including: server check outs, tip-outs, petty cash count forms, paid outs & audit sheets, menu and item updating in Aloha.
- Adheres to all large party planning protocol (Open Table SOPs, use of BEO and Caterease communication, menu printing, etc.).
Operations: We demand quality.
- Properly plans shifts to include timely petty cash audit, menu meeting planning, and floor coverage.
- Operates a clean/well maintained floor shift while holding the staff accountable for completing the following responsibilities; opening and closing duties, duration duties, daily cleaning projects
- Completes management floor coverage insuring smooth shift operations and maximum guest satisfaction
- Is proactive in ensuring any guest complaints or frustrations are immediately turned into guest recovery.
- Functions in the role of expediter, as needed.
- Develops guest relationships via table visits and recognition of regular guests, and following loyalty program protocols.
- Monitors, manages and educates staff on the following: workplace safety, back door security, facility cleanliness
- Communicates professionally/proactively with the kitchen and FOH staff on; freshness of product, portion size and plate presentation, 86 items & par levels, ticket times, food running, business volume, large parties
- Demonstrates ability to work all FOH positions including, SS, Greet, Server & BT
- Executes FOH shifts by maintaining service levels based on the 14 Elements of the Connected Service
- Develops, updates and posts opening, closing and duration duties and daily cleaning projects.
- Follows up on all front of the house repair and maintenance issues, in a consistent and timely manner
- Consistently/accurately receives and stocks all FOH supplies, making sure unit receives and is properly billed for only the product ordered
Management of the Team: We believe in success and generosity. We insist on integrity and respect.
- Executes all time management tools on a consistent basis including period priorities, weekly master scheduling and timely meeting preparation and execution
- Thorough comprehension of unit objectives and strategies as outlined in Unit Quarterly Priorities (UQPs).
- Timely/accurate writing of daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly priorities while achieving all personal goals at a completion rate of 80% of better
- Develops ability to target problem areas, create and implement solutions and attain targets
- Responsible for providing leadership and being a role model for your fellow managers and all staff members
- Expected to have honest, open communication with staff, managers and owners
- Sets exemplary standard of self accountability and timeliness / punctuality