Ci Siamo is the new restaurant from Danny Meyer’s Union Square Hospitality Group and Chef Hillary Sterling, debuting this summer at Manhattan West. Celebrating the beauty of simplicity, Ci Siamo will center around live-fire cooking. The Italian-inflected menu takes inspiration from Chef Sterling’s extensive travels and is rooted in the understated excellence of seasonal ingredients and purposeful preparations. Ci Siamo, which loosely translates to “we’ve made it” or “we’ve arrived,” bridges the traditional with the contemporary to introduce a new space that is at once transportive yet warmly familiar. Ci Siamo looks forward to participating in New York’s revival, and welcoming the city to our home.
Who you are:
The Beverage Apprentice works hand in hand with the Wine Director and Sommelier team on all aspects of the wine program. The ideal candidate is curious, detail oriented, and has a passion to expand their knowledge of wine and service. The Wine Apprentice is comfortable with working independently but can also add value as an integral part of a larger team.
What you'll do:
- Serve as a key team member within the restaurant by helping to drive excellence in all areas of the wine program and operation.
- Take responsibility of the daily receiving and stocking of all wines, always ensuring organization and cleanliness of the wine storage areas.
- Support with monthly inventory of all wines.
- Maintain systems such as Binwise, Avero, Gather, and others in the daily operations of the wine program.
- Work closely with the private dining sales department in order to ensure timely availability for all wine for private events.
What we need from you:
- Strong interest in working with wine and becoming familiar with all of the great wines and regions of the world.
- Familiarity with Binwise, Gather, Avero and other restaurant software.
- Understanding of Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.
What you’ll get from us:
- Hourly rate of $21
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you with an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave
- 51% dining discount throughout the USHG family of restaurants
- Flexible Spending Options (health care, dependent care, transit & parking)
- Employee Assistance Program to support overall mental wellbeing
- Exclusive access to primary care, mental health, and other healthcare services through Radish Health
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future
- Generous Employee Referral Program
- Access to the USHG HUGS Employee Relief Fund