Affiliated with STARR Restaurants, Le Diplomate pays sincere homage to French café culture, providing a comfortable, versatile gathering place that's become an anchor for Washington, D.C.'s resurgent 14th Street corridor. Painstakingly built out of a historic structure that harnesses the artful spirit of a Parisian brasserie, the interior and exterior pay subtle tribute to tradition, imbuing every meal with a sweeping sense of European drama. The extensive menu features a variety of Gallic classics, including onion soup gratinée, steak frites and escargots, as well as daily plates such as bouillabaisse and cassoulet. A thoughtfully curated wine list and specialty cocktail program complete the transporting experience.
The team is seeking Baristas who are interested in learning and growing their skills further. The ideal candidates will have experience working in fast-paced, high-volume restaurants.
This position offers a comprehensive package including:
Qualified candidates will be:
• Team players with a strong work ethic and dedicated to the craft of being a student of the industry
• Responsible & timely, willing to take direction
Qualified candidates will have:
• Open availability
• At least 1 year of experience as a Barista in a coffee shop or restaurant
• Must have extensive experience brewing craft coffee, espresso, lattes, cappuccinos, flat whites, etc.
• Personable & professional demeanor
• Strong communication skills to build trusting relationships with peers and guests
• The ability to stay positive and calm under pressure
Le Diplomate is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without
attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.