Porchlight is a New York bar with a Southern accent. But what does that mean? Well, we have married the hospitality, soul, drink, and food of the ever-evolving South with the hustle and innovation of the big city we call home. We were born in New York of Southern roots, and we love to reminisce about our home cities of Charleston, New Orleans, or Memphis…but we wouldn’t trade them for New York. Even when the L train isn’t running.
Who you are:
The Barback is an important partner to our Bar and Service teams and is responsible for ensuring that our Bar team has everything they need in order to create memorable moments of hospitality for our guests. The Barback is also responsible for keeping all components of the bar area clean, organized, and stocked.
What you’ll do:
- Create a welcoming and hospitable environment for all guests at the bar.
- Stock the bar with necessary product and service tools.
- Prepare necessary garnishes, syrups, juices, and/or batches.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of the bar area, including the seating area.
- Follows proper steps of service with grace, while maintaining a sense of urgency throughout service.
- Communicates effectively with staff members, management, and the kitchen during service.
What we need from you:
- 2+ years experience as a Barback role in a full-service restaurant
- English fluency and additional languages preferred, but not required
- Ability to stand or walk for long periods of time
- Ability to balance & carry multiple plates, glass racks and or/glasses, and lift objects up to 30 lbs.
What you’ll get from us:
- Hourly rate of $10/hr + tips
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you with an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave
- 51% dining discount throughout the USHG family of restaurants
- Flexible Spending Options (health care, dependent care, transit & parking)
- Employee Assistance Program to support overall mental wellbeing
- Exclusive access to primary care, mental health, and other healthcare services through Radish Health
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future
- Generous Employee Referral Program
- Access to the USHG HUGS Employee Relief Fund