Union Square Events is looking for a Banquet Manager to join their growing team!
Founded in 2005 as Hudson Yards Catering, Union Square Events is a culinary and operations leader in the hospitality industry, partnering with a diverse portfolio of best-in-class clients. We produce one-of-a-kind catered events and unparalleled dining experiences in a variety of cultural, corporate, entertainment, and private venues throughout New York City and beyond.
Who you are:
the Banquet Manager leads a team of event service staff in the delivery of service and hospitality at one of New York City's premier Hotels. Responsible for maintaining service standards and best practices in a high-volume environment, for creating an extraordinary client and guest experience. Exemplifies USHG culture, leading with Excellence, Hospitality, Integrity, and Entrepreneurial Spirit at all times. This role offers an incredible opportunity to make an impact with the rebound of live events in New York City.
What you’ll do:
- Oversee, execute, and manage mid-size and large events
- Establish contact with the main client for the event – liaise requests and expectations to staff and culinary
- Uphold décor standards of client and USE for events – including, but not limited to, buffets, small wares, glassware, props, lighting, etc.
- Follow up on Sever schedules and run sheet – assure staff is assigned duties for the event, assure team is on time and in proper uniform
- Daily/Hourly Walks – walk all event space, ensure rooms are set as diagramed, rooms are locked and lights off in rooms that are not in use, ensure proper placement of banquet tables, ensure reader boards are on and accurate, ensure general cleanliness of event spaces
- Will provide additional support and/or be the lead manager in Coffee Breaks / Beverage / Banquets and order department needs
What we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent Experience
- 2+ Years of Catering and/or Hotel Banquet Management
- Client Management in a high-profile setting is a plus
- Experience with POS Systems
- Strong Computer Skills (Microsoft Office, CaterXpert a plus)
- Knowledge of OT and NY State Labor Laws
What you’ll get from us:
- Salary range of $80,000 to $95,000 plus bonus eligible
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you with an active life outside of work.
- Paid Parental Leave
- 51% dining discount throughout the USHG family of restaurants
- Flexible Spending Options (health care, dependent care, transit & parking)
- Employee Assistance Program to support overall mental wellbeing.
- Exclusive access to primary care, mental health, and other healthcare services through Radish Health
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future.
- Generous Employee Referral Program
- Access to the USHG HUGS
- Employee Relief Fund
- Hotel Partner Discounts
*The above represents the expected salary range for this position. Ultimately, in determining your pay, we'll consider your experience and other job-related factors.