Job Title: Assistant General Manager at TAO Restaurant Chicago
Job Classification: Exempt
Directly Reports to: Director of Operations, General Manager
Licenses / Certifications: PCI/DSS, Food Handling, Alcohol Awareness, Gaming Registration (where required)
Supervises: Managers, front-of-house employee
Position Summary: The Assistant General Manager at TAO Restaurant Chicago assists the General Manager in leading the daily activities of the front-of-house operations and employees in accordance with department policies and procedures, and the management of all front-of-house operations. Interacts with the dining room guests, fellow employees, and supervisors in a polite and courteous manner to ensure gracious hospitality.
Duties and Responsibilities: including but not limited to
- Maintain professional appearance standards as directed in the Tao Group Hospitality Employee Handbook.
- Anticipate and accommodate needs of the guests.
- Ensures the general cleanliness of the front-of-house, and the entire venue.
- Assists in the decision-making process for interviewing, hiring, and training new applicants.
- Responsible for the scheduling, growth opportunities and employee development of all front-of-house employees.
- Works with GM to create job performance reviews.
- Responsible for front-of-house operations to ensure quality, safety, beverage recipe accuracy, efficiency and profitably.
- Possesses in-depth knowledge of operational systems, including payroll.
- Regulates all executive-level POS functions.
- Participates in reviewing the venue’s monthly Profit & Loss statement.
- Ensures Department of Health and company sanitation standards.
- Ensures that the venue is compliant with all federal, state and local laws and regulations; and company policies.
- Coaches and develops front-of-house employees by setting clear guidelines and expectations.
- Ensures that all mechanical systems are in good working order and compliant with all federal, state and local ordinances.
- Ensures all employees are compliant with all front-of-house standards and procedures.
- Possesses in-depth knowledge of all food and beverage menus and the venue.
- Ensures that all guest and employee concerns are resolved.
- Ensures the reconciliation of all end-of-shift financials.
- Practical knowledge in the job duties of all supervised employees.
- Communicates clearly and concisely with heart-of-house employees during service.
- Ensures the completion of all opening and closing procedures as prescribed by company.
- Attends and leads daily pre-service meetings.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Tao Group Hospitality, its partners and supporting hotel environments.
- Assists in overseeing the replacement or repair of all breakage, damage of equipment or furniture.
- Attends and participates in any training sessions, departmental meetings or daily pre-service meetings.
- Learn by listening, observing other team members and sharing knowledge while leading by example.
- Portrays a positive and professional attitude.
- Works as part of a team and provides help and support to all fellow team members.
- Tao Group Hospitality Assistant General Manager Training Program, PCI/DSS, Alcohol Awareness, Food Handling and Gaming Registration (where applicable).
Minimum Education and Qualifications:
- Minimum 5 years previous hospitality experience as an Assistant General Manager, Restaurant Manager or senior manager within a high-volume setting is essential.
- Two-year associate degree (60 credit hours) in Hospitality, Business etc. or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Strong guest service foundation, ability to coach, build a team, problem solve, and leadership skills required.
- Demonstrated financial acumen with P&L statements, and labor models is desirable.
- Must be organized, self-motivated, and proactive with a strong attention to detail.
- Proficient with computers (Microsoft Products), POS and technology.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Must be able to stand, lift and bend for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to bend and lift to 50 lbs.
- Role may include job duties or tasks requiring repetitive motion.
- Exposure to hot kitchen elements or cleaning materials.
- Must be able to work and remain focused in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule inclusive of varying shifts such as days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. Tao Group Hospitality reserves the right to make changes in the above job description and all other duties assigned. Nothing herein shall restrict Tao Group Hospitality management’s right to assign or reassign tasks, duties, or responsibilities to this job at any time. Tao Group is an EOE.