ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Maintain professional appearance standards as directed in the Tao Group Hospitality Employee Handbook.
- Anticipate and accommodate needs of the guests.
- Ensures the general cleanliness of the front-of-house, and the entire venue.
- Assists in the decision-making process for interviewing, hiring, and training new applicants.
- Responsible for the scheduling, growth opportunities and employee development of all front-of-house employees.
- Works with GM to create job performance reviews.
- Responsible for front-of-house operations to ensure quality, safety, beverage recipe accuracy, efficiency and profitably.
- Possesses in-depth knowledge of operational systems, including payroll.
- Regulates all executive-level POS functions.
- Participates in reviewing the venue’s monthly Profit & Loss statement.
- Ensures Department of Health and company sanitation standards.
- Ensures that the venue is compliant with all federal, state and local laws and regulations; and company policies.
- Coaches and develops front-of-house employees by setting clear guidelines and expectations.
- Ensures that all mechanical systems are in good working order and compliant with all federal, state and local ordinances.
- Ensures all employees are compliant with all front-of-house standards and procedures.
- Possesses in-depth knowledge of all food and beverage menus and the venue.
- Ensures that all guest and employee concerns are resolved.
- Ensures the reconciliation of all end-of-shift financials.
- Practical knowledge in the job duties of all supervised employees.
- Communicates clearly and concisely with heart-of-house employees during service.
- Ensures the completion of all opening and closing procedures as prescribed by company.
- Attends and leads daily pre-service meetings.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Tao Group Hospitality, its partners and supporting hotel environments.
- Assists in overseeing the replacement or repair of all breakage, damage of equipment or furniture.
- Attends and participates in any training sessions, departmental meetings or daily pre-service meetings.
- Learn by listening, observing other team members and sharing knowledge while leading by example.
- Portrays a positive and professional attitude.
- Works as part of a team and provides help and support to all fellow team members.
- Tao Group Hospitality Assistant General Manager Training Program, PCI/DSS, Alcohol Awareness, Food Handling and Gaming Registration (where applicable).
- Minimum 5 years previous hospitality experience as an Assistant General Manager, Restaurant Manager or senior manager within a high-volume setting is essential.
- Two-year associate degree (60 credit hours) in Hospitality, Business etc. or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Strong guest service foundation, ability to coach, build a team, problem solve, and leadership skills required.
- Demonstrated financial acumen with P&L statements, and labor models is desirable.
- Must be organized, self-motivated, and proactive with a strong attention to detail.
- Proficient with computers (Microsoft Products), POS and technology.
SKILLS / PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORK ENVIRONMENT / SCHEDULE:
The work environment characteristics and/or physical demands described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions
- Must have strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Must have good positive energy throughout the day
- Must be able to read the computer monitors and print legibly
- Must be able to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time
- Must be able to move quickly through work and set the pace in the office
- Must be able to push and lift up to 40 lbs.
- Small to Medium office environment
- Office, Casino, Nightclub, Bar, Lounge, and/or Restaurant working environment
- 5-30% Local Travel (United States)
- Work in an environment that is subject to varying levels of noise, crowds, and smoke, the severity of which depends upon the guest volume
- May work extended hours
- Regular shifts, evening and/or weekend shifts, and holiday work may be required
- Maintain a professional, neat, and well-groomed appearance adhering to Company standards
- Must be effective as part of a team; ability to interact with internal and external customers, managers, and co-workers in a professional, courteous manner
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Ability to handle a fast-paced, busy, and somewhat stressful environment
ABOUT TAO GROUP HOSPITALITY
Tao Group Hospitality delivers distinctive culinary and premium entertainment experiences through its portfolio of restaurants, nightclubs, lounges, and daylife venues. Tao Group Hospitality acquired Hakkasan Group in April 2021. The combined company operates more than 70 branded locations in over 20 markets across five continents and features a collection of widely recognized hospitality brands. These include TAO, Hakkasan, OMNIA, Marquee, LAVO, Beauty & Essex, Wet Republic, Yauatcha, Ling Ling, Cathédrale, Little Sister, The Highlight Room, Sake No Hana, Jewel, and more. Tao Group Hospitality is part of Madison Square Garden Entertainment Corp. (MSG Entertainment) (NYSE: MSGE), a leader in live experiences.