TAO Group Hospitality, a world-class hospitality group with globally-recognized entertainment dining and nightlife brands including: Tao, Marquee, Lavo, Avenue, Beauty & Essex, Moxy, and Hakkasan.
- Maintain detailed reconciliation of balance sheet accounts including bank reconciliations, accounts receivable and wires.
- Assist with intercompany invoicing.
- Assist with maintaining documentation for yearly financial audit.
- Assist with Daily Journal Entries and Daily Sales Reporting accuracy.
- Supervise accounts payable team for GL coding, scanning, posting check/ach payments, & statement reconciliation in preparation for Month-End.
- Maintain vendor payments and process weekly based on our terms.
- Review bank balances daily to ensure deposits are received and review any advanced deposits.
- Review and submit documentation for chargeback disputes.
- Review Tip sheets weekly to ensure accuracy for payroll submission.
- Download and save all merchant and bank statements monthly.
- Follow and help maintain company’s accounting policies.
- Ad hoc reporting and other duties as reasonably assigned.
- Work with team member to ensure accuracy reporting and correcting discrepancies.
- Assist Operations with license renewals when advised.
- Assist with year end filings of 1099’s.
- Reports to Controller
- Key team relationships with the Venue Controllers, Venue auditors, A/P team, & Operations.
- Accounting & financial knowledge
- Excellent communication skills a must
- Basic analytical skills in dealing with financial and numeric data
- Excellent computer skills, especially Excel; Hot-keys skills a plus
- Ability to work with different types of people (in operation and corporate) and different management styles
- Excellent organizational skills, sense of urgency & proven follow-through
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 2-4 years of general accounting experience; Hospitality or retail is helpful
- Familiarity with Sarbanes-Oxley Compliance (SOX) helpful
- Compeat software experience helpful